With almost a billion active users, Instagram has become the world’s most popular social media platform. Instagram first started as a simple platform which allowed people to share photos, but over the years, it has grown to become one among the most popular apps in the world. To cope with the ever increasing popularity, Instagram is constantly changing, adding new features, removing some old features and switching up their algorithm. With every update the app has something new to offer to its users.
At this year’s F8 Conference, Instagram made announcements for some major changes it is going to bring to the app. Here is a list of a few of them:
1) Instagram Stories camera
The first new Instagram feature is a refurbished camera with a new camera mode called “Create.”
The new camera will feature a mode switcher which will make it easier to find all the creative tools. In the Camera mode, you can swipe right to access all the different shooting modes like Boomerang, Rewind and Superzoom. When you swipe left, you can access all the creative tools like stickers and GIFs.
2) Hidden like count
Instagram announced it is testing a new feature which will hide the number of likes on your photos.
According to Adam Mosseri, Head of Instagram, this new feature can take away the pressure people feel to get more likes on their posts. With the test, Instagram plans to remove the total number of likes from photos and videos which show up on your page. It will only show a call out of the people who have liked the photo but not the exact number of likes. However, on demand, the owner of the photo or video will be able to see the total number of likes.
3) Users can now buy products from their favourite Instagram influencers
Influencers are a huge part of Instagram and they can drive massive sales for brands.
The new Instagram update will let creators tag the products they are wearing or using on Instagram. This link will directly take users to the product page for instant checkout.
This new Instagram feature could be a big game changer for brands working with influencers.
4) All new creator profiles
Just like business profiles, influencers will now be able to switch to creator profiles.
This feature will give them access to some exclusive features and in depth analysis. They will also be able to access Instagram Creator Studio from desktop, which will have a wide range of analytics metrics.
5) Donation sticker for Instagram stories
With this new Donation sticker, it is much easier to raise money for non profit purposes from within the app.
Simply open the camera, take a photo and select the Donation sticker.
You can then customize and select the cause you support and upload the story. Hundred percent of the money you raise will go to the causes you support.
6) Force posts from influencers into your feed
Instagram is now going to show posts from influencers in your feed even if you do not follow them.
Typically, Instagram shows posts from people you follow in your feed along with some ads. However, this is going to change with the next Instagram update. Apparently, influencers can pay to promote their branded content and they will appear in your feed. Instagram confirmed, these paid posts will appear in your feed and your stories in the coming weeks.
This year, Instagram has brought some great features our way and at the F8 Conference, Instagram also mentioned it is testing some features like “Away Mode” and “Nudge.”
While these updates might be extremely beneficial for influencers and businesses, we will have to wait and see how these updates will be received by the regular Instagram users.
iPhone Unknown Facts
Introduced by Steve Jobs in the year 2007, the iPhone is a technological revolution which changed the fate of smartphones forever. It is also safe to say, the iPhone is one of the most coveted smartphones in the world.
Here is a list of few things you may not know about this amazing piece of technology.
Unknown facts about iPhone
1) The iPhone was originally called ‘Purple.’ Scott Forstall, the ex software head of Apple, revealed, the phone was initially named ‘Purple,’ after ‘Purple Dorm,’ the building where it was built and developed.
2) Cisco Systems owns the patent for the name iPhone for its VoIP phone. When Apple released its iPhone, Cisco sued Apple for using its name. Both the companies then reached a settlement and agreed to work together on products later in the future.
3) If you ever observed the iPhone commercials, you will notice, all the iPhones show the time as 9:41 A.M. Apparently, 9:41 A.M., was the time when Steve Jobs first unveiled the iPhone.
4) The retina display on the iPhone is its most expensive feature.
5) We are all aware of the rivalry between Apple and Samsung. Samsung was seen trashing the iPhone in many of its commercials. Still, it looks like these companies are not rivals after all. According to technology intelligence experts, the processor that powers the iPhone is actually manufactured by Samsung. Now that’s a shocker.
6) When the iPhone was introduced, founder Steve Jobs first used it to make a prank call to order 4,000 lattes from a nearby Starbucks store.
7) iPhones are the most profitable products created by Apple. They account for up to 70 % of Apple’s total revenue.
8) The iPhone earned 73 % of the profit of the smartphone industry in 2018.
9) In 2007, iPhone was awarded the Invention of the Year by TIME magazine.
10) By 2015, Apple sold around 700 million iPhones. Reports also suggest, the users of iPhone are more loyal to their brand than Android users.
Do you know any other interesting facts about the iPhone? Comment below and let us know.
Apple Unknown Facts
Apple Inc. is a revolution that conquered the world of technology with its monumental ideas, innovation and creativity. Ever since its inception in 1976, Apple has launched several products which took over the market and brought it record breaking sales. However, there is more to Apple than just its iPhones or iPads. Keep reading to find out some lesser known and interesting facts about this tech giant.
Apple Unknown Facts:
1) We all are aware that Apple was launched on the 1st of April 1976, by Steve Paul Jobs and Steve Woznaik. What we may not know is that Jobs had to sell his Volkswagen and Woznaik had to sell his Hewlett Packard scientific calculator to raise the initial capital for the company.
2) Apple had another founder named Ronald Wayne, who left the company after just 12 days after it was founded.
3) The name Apple comes from Steve Jobs’ love for the fruit. People came up with several theories about the name, but in truth it was just the fruit that Jobs’ liked and named the company after that.
4) Apple is so successful that it has twice the amount as the U.S. Treasury.
5) Apple was called Apple Computer Inc., for the first 30 years. It was only in 2007 that the name was changed to Apple Inc. to indicate the company’s expansion in the electronic market.
6) Apple’s first computer, Apple 1 was basically just a motherboard without a keyboard, monitor or case.
7) In the year 2018, Apple Inc. became the first ever company to hit the 1 trillion market capitalization mark.
8) Apple has the patent for the slide to unlock feature and it once sued Samsung for infringing its patent.
9) Apple has a no smoking ban regarding its computers. If you smoke while using an Apple computer, you void the warranty.
10) Everything you say to Siri will be sent to Apple. Apple analyzes the data and stores it for future developments.
Apple Smartwatch Band With Adjustable Built In-Camera?
Have you ever thought of having a camera in a watch, or a watch band, for that matter? Tech giant Apple Inc., was given a patent for a smartwatch band which will have an adjustable built in camera.
This idea was attempted by several other brands, but Apple now holds the patent for it. The patent is titled, “Watch band with optical sensor.” The patent was filed by Apple back in September 2016, but the patent was officially given today.
Unlike other watch bands with a built in camera, this design of Apple actually allows users to point the camera in all directions, without actually rotating the wrist.
How will Apple do this? The camera will be placed on the loose end of the band which sticks up from above the face of the watch. This placement of the camera makes it extremely convenient for the users to twist, rotate, extend or bend the camera to capture the desired shots, without actually straining the wrist.
This location of the camera can also allow placing cameras on either side of the band, giving Apple some feature options like 360 degree photos and videos.
If this watch ever makes it into the real world, it can help people capture important moments of their life instantly, without having to depend much on a smartphone.
This watch can help you capture images and videos even when you are hiking, swimming, running or surfing. Apple has proposed several options to capture images and videos, including pinching the band, pressing a button on the band and voice control.
With this patent, it is sure Apple is making every effort possible to take its technology a notch higher. We will have to wait and see when this idea actually makes it into the real world, if it does.
- Billion Dollar Companies Which Had Humble Beginnings
- Myths About Entrepreneurship
- Louis Vuitton Unknown Facts
- Excess2Sell – Excess Inventory Management Made Simpler
- Rupert Murdoch Unknown Facts
- Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As Second Richest Man In The World
- Women Scientists Turned Entrepreneurs
- Reasons Why Your Startup Needs An Incubator
- Panasonic Founding Story – Journey of Konosuke Matsushita
- How To Raise Capital For Your Startup
- Arianna Huffington Unknown Facts
- Bill Gates Unknown Facts
- Hollywood Artists Turned Entrepreneurs
- Best Biotechnology Startups In India
- Entrepreneurship vs The 9 To 5 Grind
- Hermès – Strategy Insights Of Luxury Brand
- Coco Chanel Unknown Facts
- Walt Disney Interesting Facts
- How To Stop Procrastinating
- Facebook Unknown Facts