The healthcare industry is one of the most innovative fields in the world right now. From the kind of products to the kind of technology available, everything about the medtech startup world is changing for the better. Here are some of the most creative startups doing good in the world currently.
1. Clover Health
One of the most ground breaking unicorn startups in the world, Clover Health is an insurance startup which works to use data science and improve the conditions of preventive medicine. With over 25,000 benefiting from its services, Clover Health hit the headlines when it recently secured an investment of $ 130 million from Google! The startup aims at improving the lives of people not only in the United States, but all over the world as well.
2. Sensible Baby
Touted to be one of the major game changers of the baby monitoring industry, Sensible Baby was created with the aim of helping new parents breathe easy. While essentially similar to the functionalities of a standard baby monitor, the SmartOne device by Sensible Baby was launched so parents would not have to constantly worry about their child, especially due to the rising infant deaths through Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (a disease which still has no cure.) Furthermore, the device sends constant feedback to the parents’ smartphones, thereby ensuring constant contact!
Perhaps one of the most successful healthcare startups in India, Practo is a tool that helps schedule appointments with your doctors. Giving users a wide data pool of doctors specializing in various fields, Practo lets users look for specific departments and get treatment from the doctor of their choice. The tool also gives you a complete picture of how much the consultation is going to come up to and whether the city you live in has the doctor you need or not. A handy tool for people who do not have a direct access to doctors, Practo simplifies the lengthy process of finding and booking appointments.
4. Grow Fit
According to several surveys, a large number of lives were lost in India in the year 2016, primarily due to lifestyle diseases. While the number in itself is a staggering one, what makes this issue slightly more serious is that the expenses incurred because of these deaths is estimated to be almost $ 4.58 billion. Looking at this huge gap between the lives lost and the treatment available, Grow Fit was created. By working with an expert team of nutritionists, doctors and health analysts, Grow Fit looks at helping those who are susceptible to contracting these diseases and also works with solving issues through diet tips, health tips and behavioural insights.
Looking at the lack of proper healthcare facilities for the elderly and the people living in areas which are not accessible through technology, PORTEA was created to make access to medical facilities easy. Through remote diagnostics, point of care devices, monitoring equipment, doctors and medical professionals, PORTEA helps monitor and take care of patients who are in no position to travel to hospitals.
Through startups like these working on improving the lives of patients everywhere, innovators work every day to make treatment an easy process. If you think we missed out on any startups that have to be mentioned, comment and let us know!
iPhone Unknown Facts
Introduced by Steve Jobs in the year 2007, the iPhone is a technological revolution which changed the fate of smartphones forever. It is also safe to say, the iPhone is one of the most coveted smartphones in the world.
Here is a list of few things you may not know about this amazing piece of technology.
Unknown facts about iPhone
1) The iPhone was originally called ‘Purple.’ Scott Forstall, the ex software head of Apple, revealed, the phone was initially named ‘Purple,’ after ‘Purple Dorm,’ the building where it was built and developed.
2) Cisco Systems owns the patent for the name iPhone for its VoIP phone. When Apple released its iPhone, Cisco sued Apple for using its name. Both the companies then reached a settlement and agreed to work together on products later in the future.
3) If you ever observed the iPhone commercials, you will notice, all the iPhones show the time as 9:41 A.M. Apparently, 9:41 A.M., was the time when Steve Jobs first unveiled the iPhone.
4) The retina display on the iPhone is its most expensive feature.
5) We are all aware of the rivalry between Apple and Samsung. Samsung was seen trashing the iPhone in many of its commercials. Still, it looks like these companies are not rivals after all. According to technology intelligence experts, the processor that powers the iPhone is actually manufactured by Samsung. Now that’s a shocker.
6) When the iPhone was introduced, founder Steve Jobs first used it to make a prank call to order 4,000 lattes from a nearby Starbucks store.
7) iPhones are the most profitable products created by Apple. They account for up to 70 % of Apple’s total revenue.
8) The iPhone earned 73 % of the profit of the smartphone industry in 2018.
9) In 2007, iPhone was awarded the Invention of the Year by TIME magazine.
10) By 2015, Apple sold around 700 million iPhones. Reports also suggest, the users of iPhone are more loyal to their brand than Android users.
Do you know any other interesting facts about the iPhone? Comment below and let us know.
Apple Unknown Facts
Apple Inc. is a revolution that conquered the world of technology with its monumental ideas, innovation and creativity. Ever since its inception in 1976, Apple has launched several products which took over the market and brought it record breaking sales. However, there is more to Apple than just its iPhones or iPads. Keep reading to find out some lesser known and interesting facts about this tech giant.
Apple Unknown Facts:
1) We all are aware that Apple was launched on the 1st of April 1976, by Steve Paul Jobs and Steve Woznaik. What we may not know is that Jobs had to sell his Volkswagen and Woznaik had to sell his Hewlett Packard scientific calculator to raise the initial capital for the company.
2) Apple had another founder named Ronald Wayne, who left the company after just 12 days after it was founded.
3) The name Apple comes from Steve Jobs’ love for the fruit. People came up with several theories about the name, but in truth it was just the fruit that Jobs’ liked and named the company after that.
4) Apple is so successful that it has twice the amount as the U.S. Treasury.
5) Apple was called Apple Computer Inc., for the first 30 years. It was only in 2007 that the name was changed to Apple Inc. to indicate the company’s expansion in the electronic market.
6) Apple’s first computer, Apple 1 was basically just a motherboard without a keyboard, monitor or case.
7) In the year 2018, Apple Inc. became the first ever company to hit the 1 trillion market capitalization mark.
8) Apple has the patent for the slide to unlock feature and it once sued Samsung for infringing its patent.
9) Apple has a no smoking ban regarding its computers. If you smoke while using an Apple computer, you void the warranty.
10) Everything you say to Siri will be sent to Apple. Apple analyzes the data and stores it for future developments.
Apple Smartwatch Band With Adjustable Built In-Camera?
Have you ever thought of having a camera in a watch, or a watch band, for that matter? Tech giant Apple Inc., was given a patent for a smartwatch band which will have an adjustable built in camera.
This idea was attempted by several other brands, but Apple now holds the patent for it. The patent is titled, “Watch band with optical sensor.” The patent was filed by Apple back in September 2016, but the patent was officially given today.
Unlike other watch bands with a built in camera, this design of Apple actually allows users to point the camera in all directions, without actually rotating the wrist.
How will Apple do this? The camera will be placed on the loose end of the band which sticks up from above the face of the watch. This placement of the camera makes it extremely convenient for the users to twist, rotate, extend or bend the camera to capture the desired shots, without actually straining the wrist.
This location of the camera can also allow placing cameras on either side of the band, giving Apple some feature options like 360 degree photos and videos.
If this watch ever makes it into the real world, it can help people capture important moments of their life instantly, without having to depend much on a smartphone.
This watch can help you capture images and videos even when you are hiking, swimming, running or surfing. Apple has proposed several options to capture images and videos, including pinching the band, pressing a button on the band and voice control.
With this patent, it is sure Apple is making every effort possible to take its technology a notch higher. We will have to wait and see when this idea actually makes it into the real world, if it does.
- Billion Dollar Companies Which Had Humble Beginnings
- Myths About Entrepreneurship
- Louis Vuitton Unknown Facts
- Excess2Sell – Excess Inventory Management Made Simpler
- Rupert Murdoch Unknown Facts
- Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As Second Richest Man In The World
- Women Scientists Turned Entrepreneurs
- Reasons Why Your Startup Needs An Incubator
- Panasonic Founding Story – Journey of Konosuke Matsushita
- How To Raise Capital For Your Startup
- Arianna Huffington Unknown Facts
- Bill Gates Unknown Facts
- Hollywood Artists Turned Entrepreneurs
- Best Biotechnology Startups In India
- Entrepreneurship vs The 9 To 5 Grind
- Hermès – Strategy Insights Of Luxury Brand
- Coco Chanel Unknown Facts
- Walt Disney Interesting Facts
- How To Stop Procrastinating
- Facebook Unknown Facts