Facebook has unveiled a new standalone virtual reality headset Oculus Go, that does not require a separate computer to operate. The new headset allows for more mobility than the company’s existing Oculus Rift product as it does not require a smartphone or a cord tethering to function.
Priced at $ 199, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg launched the latest VR product at Oculus’ annual virtual reality developers conference held in San Jose, California. Speaking about the virtual reality headset, Zuckerberg said, “I am more committed than ever to the future of virtual reality.”
Since acquiring Oculus in 2014, Facebook has invested heavily in virtual reality hardware. The social media giant launched their Oculus Rift headsets a year ago, which was priced at $ 599 and required a computer to power the headset. Although the price was eventually lowered by a $ 100 dollars, Rift did not support mobility and had to be connected via cables and wires at all times.
Oculus Go, on the other hand, is meant to be a higher quality version of the cheaper VR headsets that are powered by users’ smartphones. Straddling the sweet spot between the expensive Rift and other portable and a cheaper smartphone powered VR headsets, Go will run with the same VR as the Samsung Gear. Packed with a high resolution fist switch LCD screen along with a ‘next generation lens’ and wide field of view. It comes with an added spatial audio with the speakers built into the headset along with a 3.5 mm headphone jack for private listening.
According to Facebook, the Oculus Go is a super lightweight, all in one device which will represent a huge leap in the manufacturing of comfortable, easy to use VR devices with high visual clarity. Zuckerberg added Oculus Go will be “the most accessible VR experience ever.”
At present, major technology companies such as Microsoft and Google are working on virtual reality related hardware. Technology company Nokia, however, has pulled out of the VR race claiming the market was developing ‘slower than expected.’
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work