The eighth edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 is all set to take place on 28 November 2017 in Hyderabad. This three day summit will also see Ivanka Trump leading the United States delegation.
Hosted by the United States of America along with the Republic of India, the summit has been flooded with applications. Around 44,000 Indian entrepreneurs applied to participate in the summit that currently has only 400 available slots. 800 slots have been allotted for entrepreneurs from USA and around the world. Close to 74 entrepreneurs from Telangana have been selected for the summit.
Highlighting the theme Women First, Prosperity for All, this year’s summit will focus on supporting women entrepreneurs and fostering economic growth globally. First conceived by former US President Barack Obama, GES aims at creating an environment that empowers innovators, particularly women, to take their ideas to the next level.
The summit will also hold sessions, master classes and workshops by global experts along with networking events and keynote speeches from prominent entrepreneurs. According to the official website, GES 2017 will present a unique opportunity to connect and establish meaningful partnerships amongst entrepreneurs, investors and ecosystem supporters. In an attempt to inspire the culture of entrepreneurship, the summit also launched the ‘Road to GES’ initiative which aims to build and engage entrepreneurs through events from September to November and beyond.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a meeting in the Philippines said the GES would help in “showcasing innovation and collaboration between India and the United States.” With a bilateral trade of about $ 115 billion, India is already a major market for the United States. The summit aims at strengthening this relationship while encouraging innovation and collaboration, with a special focus on emerging nations from Africa and Asia.
With just ten days to go for the Summit, police officials in Hyderabad are on high alert. Special security measures and arrangements have been made in anticipation of Ivanka Trump’s visit to the city. According to media reports, Federal Bureau of Investigation and Special Protection Group high officials also visited Hyderabad to observe the security arrangements.
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work