Global search engine Google plans to launch a localized digital payments service in India called ‘Tez’ which means fast in Hindi. The app will offer a comprehensive set of payment options to users beyond its existing options such as the Google Wallet or Android Pay.
Technology website TechCrunch reported the app may be launched as soon as next week in New Delhi by Caesar Sengupta, the Vice President of Next Billion Users, Google. Tez, developed specifically for the Indian market will also include support for the government backed Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and other consumer payment services such as Paytm and MobiKwik.
Google, which launched Android Pay two years ago in the US, is aiming to delve into the rapidly growing digital payment market in India which is expected to touch $500 billion by 2020. According to a report by news portal The Ken, Tez will be available on the Google Play Store for smartphones and as a Chrome widget for desktops. The service is also likely to be integrated into other applications such as ecommerce, mobility, Play Music, Play Movies and the Play Store for subscription and paid downloads.
While both Android Pay and Google Wallet did not hit off, tech companies like Flipkart are already looking at the potential of Tez. Considering Android is India’s dominant operating system for smartphones, Google could have an upper hand in the digital payments sector.
At present, Alibaba backed Paytm and other digital wallet players like MobiKwik, FreeCharge, Oxigen, Citrus Pay, Phone Pe, PayU, ItzCash, Jio Money and Ola Money are fighting over the lucrative digital payments market. Recently Facebook owned Whatsapp Inc., also showed interest in launching its own digital wallet in India along with other global companies like Truecaller and Uber. According to the Ministry of Electronics and IT, the infrastructure of digital payments in India is expected to increase three fold with almost five million electronic point of sale (PoS) machines by the end of 2017.
Google India has sent out an invite for a press conference in New Delhi on September 18, to share details on the launch of the new product developed grounds up for India.
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work