WhatsApp, one of the most popular messaging services, is ready to launch another set of features in its latest beta version for Android devices. The messaging platform will soon be releasing new features such as group video and voice calling for the users.
According to WABetaInfo, a site that tests new WhatsApp features, WhatsApp has already begun testing the new feature internally. The site also claims, while there are multiple references to group calling, there is only a single mention of group video calls for the platform. “There are a lot of hidden references about group voice calls, but there is only one reference to group video calls. So group video calls are partially confirmed at the moment,” the website added.
Apart from the group calling features, WhatsApp will also be giving more power to group administrators. Users and admins will now be able to choose if their participants can modify the subject, icon or description of the group. This new update was submitted through the Google Play Beta Programme in the 2.17.387 version of the app. According to the WhatsApp testing group, the iPhone app will also soon give group admins the power to remove a greater number of participants from a group at once. WABetaInfo has even stated the company is also testing an Unsend and Delete For Everyone feature. With this update, selected messages will be deleted on other phones as well, if the other users are also using the latest version of WhatsApp.
WhatsApp for Android notifies that selected messages will be deleted on other phones only if the other users are using the latest version of WhatsApp [AVAILABLE SOON] pic.twitter.com/dBBiHEOIl0
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) October 16, 2017
The Facebook owned messaging platform also introduced a new feature last week, which allows users to share their live locations for a certain period of time. Equipped with end to end encryption, the new Live Location feature lets all users track the locations of their friends and family and choose between various time frames for the live tracking to last.
While the group calling feature is the latest in a long list of updates, parent company Facebook has already launched a similar feature on its messaging platform Facebook Messenger. The social media giant’s enterprise focused messaging and social networking service Workplace also has almost identical features which supports voice and video calling, screen sharing and customized push notifications.
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work