Ola and Uber continue to face aggression not just from riders, but from drivers as well. Drivers from these cab aggregators have called for an indefinite strike in Mumbai to voice their grievances against declining earnings, deteriorating business experience and increasing concerns over driver suicides.
Ola and Uber cab drivers and car owners have distributed pamphlets notifying riders everywhere about the strike. The strike is going to begin on 10 December 2017 and is going to go on for an indefinite period of time.
With the cab aggregators refusing to look at the bigger picture, drivers and cab owners are running at a major risk. The cabs may also be seized by banks because of debt issues and other financial issues.
According to reports, a lot of cab drivers took their lives due to financial problems. Drivers have been facing a lot of trouble such as the inability to pay and financial debt reaching exponential numbers. Both Ola and Uber have been working hard to contain the rising unrest but to no avail.
Drivers for both the cab aggregators have been complaining for a while now, stating that their income has fallen drastically. They have also said the owners are not bothered in the least bit about the driver’s safety or mental health.
“Our demands should be fulfilled because our earnings have dropped. Their commitment of Rs 75,000 per month in earnings proved to be fake. We are earning Rs 10,000 to Rs. 15,000. I cannot even pay my EMIs. They should immediately stop getting cars,” a driver was quoted during a protest earlier this year in Hyderabad.
Ola and Uber drivers have called a strike all over India and not just in Mumbai. This gives rise to a very serious question – is the cost of sustainability at the risk of employees or do the employers just not care enough?
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work