Paytm, India’s largest mobile wallet, joined forces with ICICI Bank, India’s largest private bank, to launch ‘Paytm ICICI Bank Postpaid.’ This new initiative is a unique amalgamation of financial services to provide small digital credit to some selected users.
Through this programme, Paytm users will get access to seamless interest free short term digital credit for everyday use, such as bill payments, flights and physical goods. Customers can get a digital credit account through instant activation online, without documentation and branch visit. At the moment, only select ICICI customers will be offered the digital credit via the Paytm app, however, the offer will be available to the non ICICI Bank customers soon.
The initiative is based on the Big Data algorithm by ICICI Bank which will use real time credit assessment of customers to offer credit. The financial and digital behavior of the customer including credit bureau check, purchase patterns and the frequency of purchase will be analyzed within a few seconds. An interest free digital credit ranging from Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 10,000 will then be offered to the customers for up to 45 days. The range can also be extended up to Rs. 20,000 based on the repayment history of the customers. Users availing the digital credit can checkout quickly using the Paytm Passcode.
Executive Director of ICICI Bank Anup Bagchi, while speaking about the initiative said, “We are delighted to launch Paytm ICICI Bank Postpaid, our first offering in this space in association with Paytm.” According to founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma, such short loans will help consumers to manage their daily expenses and plan their monthly budget. “Paytm Postpaid will play a major role in helping them pay for their daily expenses on time. This will democratize access to credit including those with less disposable income,” he added.
A consolidated bill would be generated on the first day of the month after the credit limit is set up. Customers will have to pay the bill by the 15th day of the same month via their Paytm Wallet, debit card or internet banking of any bank.
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work