Samsung Electronics CEO, Chairman and Head of Components business, Kwon Oh-Hyun announced his resignation from the company’s management. Kwon’s resignation is the latest management upheaval in the company, following the imprisonment of the de facto chief Jay Y. Lee.
In a letter to the employees, Kwon said he had been thinking about his departure “for quite some time” and could “no longer put it off.” Kwon also serves on the board of Samsung Electronics but will step down from all his roles by March 2018. “I believe that time has now come for the company (to) start anew, with a new spirit and young leadership to better respond to challenges arising from the rapidly changing IT industry,” he added in the letter.
Kwon also added the company was “confronted with unprecedented crisis inside out,” referring to the imprisonment of Jay Y. Lee on corruption charges. Kwon’s resignation shows the bribery charges on Jay Lee could have had a major impact on the company’s operations and culture. The South Korean tech giant was also supposed to report their operating profits for the quarter ending in September. The leadership troubles, however, have not affected the company’s earnings. The projected operating rate of the company nearly tripled in three months, compared to a year ago. The company expects to have made around $ 54.7 billion in revenue and $ 12.8 billion in operating profits. This latest quarter reports mark the highest ever quarterly figure representing a 28% increase in year on year revenue and a 170% jump in operating profits.
Kwon joined Samsung in 1985 as a researcher and took on the position of the CEO in 2012. He was made the chief executive officer of Samsung Display in 2016. According to a spokesperson for Samsung, a successor will be appointed for the company very soon. Speaking about Samsung, Kwon said he was proud of being a part of one of the most valuable companies in the world.“But now the company needs a new leader more than ever and it is time for me to move to the next chapter of my life,” he added.
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work