Uber came up with an innovative technology of selfie powered real time ID check for the drivers as well as the riders, most importantly this check is for the drivers of the cab. Uber’s latest security feature uses Microsoft Cognitive Services to provide better protection for the passengers.
In this feature, the drivers of the cab will be periodically asked to upload an instant selfie in their app before they accept the rides. Uber then compares this selfie with their previously uploaded photo in their records. This will be technically done with the help of Microsoft’s Cognitive Services.
If the two photos match, the ride will be continued. On the contrary, if these two photos do not match, the driver’s account will be temporarily blocked and Uber will look into this situation. This verification process will be done in just 3 to 4 seconds and this technology is successful in verifying more than 99% of drivers in the pilot program.
This latest security check is done to prevent any frauds like the driver’s account being hacked or misused.
Chief Security Officer of Uber Joe Sullivan, also confirmed that it also protects the riders by building another layer of accountability into the app to make sure the right person is sitting behind the wheel. He also added saying: “This initiative will go a long way in keeping our riders and drivers safe in the city and our rides will be reliable like never before.”
This unique feature is launched in five cities in India – Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkatta, and Hyderabad.
Uber had also added an SOS function by which the riders can connect directly to the police control room and also Uber’s internal response team as well, in case any emergency.
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work