Prior to the appearance of automatic messaging services, companies had a difficult time connecting to their visitors on a regular basis. The year 2017 saw revolutionary changes in the automated messaging services. With the development of chatbots, there was a definite surge in the way people connected to different people in the world.
Chatbots, also referred to as bots or talk bots, are artificial intelligence services designed to simulate conversations with humans, especially over the internet. Created to imitate human language, these bots can be hosted on websites, messaging platforms or apps.
Remember the days when you had to go through a five step process just to connect with a customer care service number? Chatbots helped eliminate these multiple steps and made life easier. While the definition seems simple enough, chatbots fall under two broad categories. Despite looking similar to a user and having the same front end functionality, chatbots have several categories to their name.
Chatbot and human languages
On the face of things, chatbots look like a normal app, but in reality, they are a lot more complex. The thin line of difference between an app and a chatbot is that the user interface is non existent and is replaced with a chatting interface. The huge rise in chatbot popularity can be traced back to early 2016, a time when Facebook announced it was providing tools for developers to create new, unique chatbot functions inside Facebook Messenger.
Chatbots have become popular over the years because of the following reasons:
- The responses are immediate and conversations can be had round the clock.
- A relationship between the user and the provider can be developed, thereby ensuring a future based on trust.
- The information provided helps in establishing the kind products/services/opportunities available in the market.
With Facebook providing such a big platform for chatbots to grow and develop, it comes as no surprise that today, these are the most preferred tools of communication! According to reports, chatbots are going to take over an entire sector and turn every online communication process into a seamless affair.
iPhone Unknown Facts
Introduced by Steve Jobs in the year 2007, the iPhone is a technological revolution which changed the fate of smartphones forever. It is also safe to say, the iPhone is one of the most coveted smartphones in the world.
Here is a list of few things you may not know about this amazing piece of technology.
Unknown facts about iPhone
1) The iPhone was originally called ‘Purple.’ Scott Forstall, the ex software head of Apple, revealed, the phone was initially named ‘Purple,’ after ‘Purple Dorm,’ the building where it was built and developed.
2) Cisco Systems owns the patent for the name iPhone for its VoIP phone. When Apple released its iPhone, Cisco sued Apple for using its name. Both the companies then reached a settlement and agreed to work together on products later in the future.
3) If you ever observed the iPhone commercials, you will notice, all the iPhones show the time as 9:41 A.M. Apparently, 9:41 A.M., was the time when Steve Jobs first unveiled the iPhone.
4) The retina display on the iPhone is its most expensive feature.
5) We are all aware of the rivalry between Apple and Samsung. Samsung was seen trashing the iPhone in many of its commercials. Still, it looks like these companies are not rivals after all. According to technology intelligence experts, the processor that powers the iPhone is actually manufactured by Samsung. Now that’s a shocker.
6) When the iPhone was introduced, founder Steve Jobs first used it to make a prank call to order 4,000 lattes from a nearby Starbucks store.
7) iPhones are the most profitable products created by Apple. They account for up to 70 % of Apple’s total revenue.
8) The iPhone earned 73 % of the profit of the smartphone industry in 2018.
9) In 2007, iPhone was awarded the Invention of the Year by TIME magazine.
10) By 2015, Apple sold around 700 million iPhones. Reports also suggest, the users of iPhone are more loyal to their brand than Android users.
Do you know any other interesting facts about the iPhone? Comment below and let us know.
Apple Unknown Facts
Apple Inc. is a revolution that conquered the world of technology with its monumental ideas, innovation and creativity. Ever since its inception in 1976, Apple has launched several products which took over the market and brought it record breaking sales. However, there is more to Apple than just its iPhones or iPads. Keep reading to find out some lesser known and interesting facts about this tech giant.
Apple Unknown Facts:
1) We all are aware that Apple was launched on the 1st of April 1976, by Steve Paul Jobs and Steve Woznaik. What we may not know is that Jobs had to sell his Volkswagen and Woznaik had to sell his Hewlett Packard scientific calculator to raise the initial capital for the company.
2) Apple had another founder named Ronald Wayne, who left the company after just 12 days after it was founded.
3) The name Apple comes from Steve Jobs’ love for the fruit. People came up with several theories about the name, but in truth it was just the fruit that Jobs’ liked and named the company after that.
4) Apple is so successful that it has twice the amount as the U.S. Treasury.
5) Apple was called Apple Computer Inc., for the first 30 years. It was only in 2007 that the name was changed to Apple Inc. to indicate the company’s expansion in the electronic market.
6) Apple’s first computer, Apple 1 was basically just a motherboard without a keyboard, monitor or case.
7) In the year 2018, Apple Inc. became the first ever company to hit the 1 trillion market capitalization mark.
8) Apple has the patent for the slide to unlock feature and it once sued Samsung for infringing its patent.
9) Apple has a no smoking ban regarding its computers. If you smoke while using an Apple computer, you void the warranty.
10) Everything you say to Siri will be sent to Apple. Apple analyzes the data and stores it for future developments.
Apple Smartwatch Band With Adjustable Built In-Camera?
Have you ever thought of having a camera in a watch, or a watch band, for that matter? Tech giant Apple Inc., was given a patent for a smartwatch band which will have an adjustable built in camera.
This idea was attempted by several other brands, but Apple now holds the patent for it. The patent is titled, “Watch band with optical sensor.” The patent was filed by Apple back in September 2016, but the patent was officially given today.
Unlike other watch bands with a built in camera, this design of Apple actually allows users to point the camera in all directions, without actually rotating the wrist.
How will Apple do this? The camera will be placed on the loose end of the band which sticks up from above the face of the watch. This placement of the camera makes it extremely convenient for the users to twist, rotate, extend or bend the camera to capture the desired shots, without actually straining the wrist.
This location of the camera can also allow placing cameras on either side of the band, giving Apple some feature options like 360 degree photos and videos.
If this watch ever makes it into the real world, it can help people capture important moments of their life instantly, without having to depend much on a smartphone.
This watch can help you capture images and videos even when you are hiking, swimming, running or surfing. Apple has proposed several options to capture images and videos, including pinching the band, pressing a button on the band and voice control.
With this patent, it is sure Apple is making every effort possible to take its technology a notch higher. We will have to wait and see when this idea actually makes it into the real world, if it does.
- Coca-Cola Unknown Facts
- Billion Dollar Companies Which Had Humble Beginnings
- Myths About Entrepreneurship
- Louis Vuitton Unknown Facts
- Excess2Sell – Excess Inventory Management Made Simpler
- Rupert Murdoch Unknown Facts
- Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As Second Richest Man In The World
- Women Scientists Turned Entrepreneurs
- Reasons Why Your Startup Needs An Incubator
- Panasonic Founding Story – Journey of Konosuke Matsushita
- How To Raise Capital For Your Startup
- Arianna Huffington Unknown Facts
- Bill Gates Unknown Facts
- Hollywood Artists Turned Entrepreneurs
- Best Biotechnology Startups In India
- Entrepreneurship vs The 9 To 5 Grind
- Hermès – Strategy Insights Of Luxury Brand
- Coco Chanel Unknown Facts
- Walt Disney Interesting Facts
- How To Stop Procrastinating