Google and Levi’s Project Jacquard commuter jacket is all set to release this fall. If you are not aware of Google’s Jacquard project, let us remind you that this project was announced back in 2015.
This jacket is the first ever commercial project as a result of Project Jacquard which works on Google’s Advanced Technology And Projects (ATAP) group.
This is a kind of touch sensitive clothing. This project aimed to turn our clothes into smart, connected wearable devices that provide touch and gesture through woven interactive services.
Watch the video here:
Features of Levi’s Commuter Jacket:
- The left sleeve of the jacket will be acting as a capacitive touchpad. This provides you to control a variety of functions using rubs, simple gestures and taps on your sleeve.
- The above said functions are activated through a small rechargeable tag on the inside of the left sleeve. This tag has a battery life of two days approximately.
- This jacket enables to access some of the core functions like accepting or declining calls, controlling playback music and can also get direction updates.
- The users have to digitally connect this jacket with the smartphone which should be placed in a concealed pocket inside of the sleeve.
- This jacket is machine washable, all you need to do is remove the electronic band on the cuff link and then wash.
- Levi’s Jacquard commuter jacket comes with a reasonable price of $350.
Seems like Google had done the perfect blend of fashion and technology which it aimed from the beginning.
Uber Lite Makes Its Debut, Starting From India!
The cab hailing company Uber Technologies Inc., launched its new app, Uber Lite in India. The Uber Lite app is supposed to be lite, for real! The app will not take much space on your smartphone. Uber Lite is exclusively for Android users!
This narrowed down version of Uber app requires only 5 MegaBytes (MB) of free space to install. Uber Lite occupies 176 MB space less than the standard Uber application. The head of rider experience at Uber Technologies Inc., Peter Deng said You delete three selfies, you have room for Uber.
So,basically, the main aim of the cab hailing company is to reach out to those people with low storage phones and low connectivity. Apart from the storage benefits, the app provides you with highly responsible services for a low connectivity phone. With a 300 millisecond response time, the booking process gets faster like never before. The cab hailing company is striving to tap the emerging markets, no wonder why they chose India for making its debut. In the whole of India about 2 percent are still using their phones on the 2G network. However, the company is looking forward to making it more convenient for these people.
Here’s a list of the revised features in Uber Lite,
- Guided pickups
- Tap over type
- Maps only when you want them
The guided pickups feature require minimal typing as it detects the user’s location and comes with several pick points that you can choose. Whereas, the tap over type feature has to be one of the most remarkable features of the Uber Lite. Even when you are offline, the app traces out the most popular places you visit without a network! The maps only when you want them shows the map when you want them to and they can be hidden for the rest of the time. However, there is going to be a progress bar displayed which helps you track your cabbie!
As of now, the Uber Lite will be available in Jaipur, Hyderabad, and Delhi and later, it would tap in other cities of India by the end of the year.
Get Ready To Say Goodbye To Yahoo Messenger On 17 July
Let us take a dig at those nostalgic days when Yahoo instant messenger was a big thing! Remember those funky emojis? Oh, yes! How could you forget those stylish yet cute avatars that you could change instantly! Well, get ready to say a final goodbye to Yahoo messenger on 17 July.
According to the latest reports, Oath, the subsidiary of telecommunications giant Verizon, who operates Yahoo, announced the final wrap up of Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo’s spokesperson said,
Yahoo Messenger will no longer be supported after July 17, 2018. Until then, you can continue to use the service normally. After July 17, you’ll no longer be able to access your chats and the service will no longer work.
The current users who are still clinging to the old messaging service will be redirected to the new group messaging app Squirrel. Users will have six months to download their chat history! For more than a month now, Yahoo has been testing beta testing the Squirrel app. It will be open to the public once the Yahoo Messenger shuts down. However, those who are looking to try out the Squirrel app right now can request for beta access.
Yahoo on its official website said,
We know we have many loyal fans who have used Yahoo Messenger since its beginning as one of the first chat apps of its kind. As the communications landscape continues to change over, we’re focusing on building and introducing new, exciting communications tools that better fit consumer needs.
The Yahoo Messenger was launched in 1998 and was a big hit with the users! However, with time, the app appeared to lose its captivation as the competition got intense. Over the years, the app came up with a lot of updates to keep its users hooked to it. From redesigning the app, to bringing up new features, Yahoo did try surviving in the messaging platform but, couldn’t make it. The users did not find the messenger fascinating enough and eventually switched to other apps. Anyway, It is time to say goodbye to our once favourite messaging app, Yahoo messenger!
You will always be our first and favourite messaging app.
Apple Jeers At Android With Operating System Comparison At WWDC 2018
From the launch of the new iOS 12, watchOS 5, tvOS to macOS Mojave, this year, Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC,) kickstarted with some amazing revelations! Whether or not you are an Apple fan, you can’t really ignore the fact that Apple have some eye grabbing features!
The Senior Vice President of Software Engineering at Apple, Mr. Craig Federighi heads the iOS and macOS engineering teams, announced the most anticipated iOS release, iOS 12. Alongside the announcement, Mr. Fedrighi ridiculed the tech giant Google’s operating system, Android. He said that the whole 81 % of iOS device users are on the current version of iOS 11. The recent Android Oreo release by Google, has a mere 6 % installed base. This indicates that Google launches new Android features every year but most of the Android users do not get to use them. Currently, there are more than 2 billion Android users active, but a majority of them are on outdated software. A wide range of Android devices are either on the Nougat version or the Marshmallow version, launched in 2016 and 2015, respectively. Android is really struggling to move the Oreo version to its device users. However, the latest Android P would also be unveiled soon. Well, as per the data revealed by Mr. Federighi, only 6 % users are experiencing the features of Android Oreo. Post the release of Android P, how many users would be able to experience the upcoming updates?
The rivalry between the two tech giants is definitely worth looking! Over the years, Apple and Android have topped the list in terms of competitors! Both the companies strive to bring out the better versions of their software! Looking at the stats, it does look like Apple is heading the competition in comparison to Google! Google really needs to gear up and improve its devices.
Let us wait for the upcoming revelations from the three days event WWDC, that are yet to take place!
- Nokia: Interesting Facts
- Inshorts: From A Facebook Page To A Rs.600 Crores Company!
- The Importance Of SWOT Analysis For A Business
- Alibaba Cloud To Set Up Special Teams For Startups
- India Gives Green Signal To Net Neutrality!
- Twitter: Everything You Need To Know About This Platform
- Facebook To Be Fined A Fortune Over Cambridge Analytica Scandal!
- OYO Acquires Mumbai Based Tech Firm AblePlus
- Binny Bansal Breaks The Ice On Sachin Bansal’s Exit From Flipkart
- Instagram Unknown Facts
- Life Lessons From Jack Ma
- How To Talk To People You Cannot Avoid
- Alibaba’s AI can write 20,000 lines of copy in a second!
- Playboy: The Success Story Of Hefner’s Empire
- 5 Things Entrepreneurs Can Learn From Suits!
- Walmart To Get Funds For Flipkart Deal By Next Year!
- The Inception Of Tumblr
- Financial Tips For Entrepreneurs Who Are Just Starting Out
- Google Launches Indie Game Accelerator For Gaming Startups In Asia
- Life Lessons From The Tech Geek, Evan Spiegel!