Young startup iB Cricket was awarded the Startup Of The Year (VR Technology) Award at Entrepreneur India 2019. Entrepreneur India 2019 was the flagship annual event of Entrepreneur Media and had many startups competing for the prestigious Startup of the Year Award.
iB Cricket, a virtual reality sport, is developed by XR technology based startup ProYuga, which is backed by iB Hubs. ProYuga, based in Hyderabad, was co founded by Sama Vasantha Sai, an IIIT Hyderabad alumni and Kothinti Trivikrama Reddy, an IIT Delhi alumni who turned down a Rs. 1 crore job offer at a reputed MNC, prior to founding ProYuga.
iB Cricket is a highly immersive true sport virtual reality (VR) game with a potential to reach 500 million users across the world. This VR sport provides a complete gaming environment and gives a very realistic experience of playing cricket at magnificent stadiums, thanks to the game’s meticulous design. The game has a personalized AI coach and many global tournaments, which allow users to build their cricket career like that of their favorite cricketer’s. The startup has been strengthening its presence in India and also expanded to countries like UK, Singapore, Australia and Dubai.
iB Cricket achieved many milestones since its inception and recently collaborated with Viu to host the world’s first virtual reality cricket tournament, the iB Cricket Super Over League, where 12 prominent international cricketers like Virender Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Herschelle Gibbs and McCullum competed against each other. iB Cricket also became the official VR gaming partner of 5 IPL teams—Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Rajasthan Royals, Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Travis Kalanick Unknown Facts
Travis Kalanick, the co founder of Uber, is famous for turning the startup into a billion dollar company. Let us take a look at some unknown facts about Travis Kalanick.
Unknown facts about Travis Kalanick
1) Travis Kalanick was introduced to the entrepreneurial world from an early age, when he started selling knives door-to-door for a cutlery company called Cutco during his childhood.
2) Although he is widely known for starting companies like Uber, Scour and Red Swoosh, Kalanick started his first business at the age of 18. Along with a friend, Kalanick started a SAT prep business called New Way Academy.
3) Travis Kalanick was a very smart child. He became interested in computers at an early age and learned how to code by the time he was in middle school. Moreover, Kalanick scored 1580 out of 1600 in his SAT.
4) In 2001, Kalanick started a company called Red Swoosh. In order to save money, Kalanick started living with his parents and eventually moved to Trivandrum, India and then to Thailand.
5) Travis Kalanick is a passionate Wii Sports Tennis player and plays the video game during his spare time. According to investor Chris Sacca, Kalanick was ranked the second best player in Wii Sports Tennis in the world.
6) Travis Kalanick is known for his aggressive behaviour and once sent Instagram a cease and desist letter by posting it on the photo sharing social media platform, along with the caption, “Charming greeting card from a taxi cartel representative.”
7) Despite his billionaire status, Travis Kalanick is famous for being a frugal person. He is known to intentionally forget his wallet during team lunch and staying in cheap hotels while on vacation.
8) Travis Kalanick’s house, which he purchased after selling Red Swoosh, is famously known as the Jam Pad. This is because Kalanick’s house became the go to place for young entrepreneurs to hang out and discuss ideas. Kalanick’s house also has its own Twitter account.
With a net worth of $ 5.28 billion, Travis Kalanick is one of the richest entrepreneurs in America. Which of these unknown facts about Travis Kalanick surprised you the most? Comment below and let us know.
Estée Lauder Life Lessons
Estée Lauder was the founder of Estée Lauder Companies Inc., famous for its prestigious skincare, makeup and fragrance products. Estée Lauder started her company with the belief there are no unattractive women, only women who don’t care. Lauder, through her products and belief, changed the face of the beauty industry. Check out some incredible life lessons to learn from this beauty mogul to motivate you.
Life lessons to learn from Estée Lauder
1) Age is just a number
Estée Lauder was a teenager when she started her own business of selling beauty creams made by her uncle, Dr. John Schotz. She sold the creams to her classmates and eventually, at beauty salons. Lauder used business tricks and started handing out free products in an effort to increase sales. The important lesson to learn here is no matter what your age is, you can become successful with your ideas, determination and hard work.
2) Believe in yourself and your ideas
Estée Lauder truly believed the world would be a better place if everyone bought her products. According to her, “A person has to love her harvest if she’s to expect others to love it.” Lauder believed in herself and the ideas she had for her Company. Although it was quite uncommon for women to start their business in the 1940s, Lauder stood her ground in the corporate world and focused on achieving her goals. In the entrepreneurial world, it is very important to believe in oneself and one’s ideas, in order to achieve any kind of success.
3) Working hard is the key to success
Estée Lauder was not born to a rich family. In fact, she started her business from her kitchen and with hard work, built her billion dollar company. Lauder famously said she did not become successful by wishing and hoping, but by working hard. If you have some great ideas, work hard towards making them a reality, instead of waiting for a golden opportunity.
4) Rejection is a great motivator
After her product was rejected by the manager of Europe’s largest department store, Lauder spilled a bottle of her perfume on the floor in order to attract people to her product. She was eventually offered a contract by the manager of the store, after people started showing interest in her product. Estée Lauder, instead of accepting defeat when faced with rejection, quickly found a way to achieve what she wanted. In the process, she taught us to take rejection in a positive way.
5) The power of creativity
Estée Lauder was a creative person and her creative marketing tactics were the reason her Company became so successful. When her Company was small and did not have any money to hire an ad agency, Estée came up with the idea of giving away free samples with each purchase. This technique proved to be a success and brought in thousands of new customers. She revolutionized the entire beauty industry with this technique, which has been adopted by many companies ever since.
Estée Lauder spent all her life working on her dream and in the process, became a role model to many. If you think we missed out on any other life lessons by Estée Lauder, comment below and let us know.
Thomas Alva Edison Most inspiring Quotes
Often regarded as America’s greatest inventor, Thomas Alva Edison is an inspiration to many. From the invention of the lightbulb, to developing the world’s first motion picture camera, Edison’s inventions had a strong impact on the modern industrialized world. Here are the 10 most inspiring quotes by Thomas Alva Edison.
Most inspiring quotes by Thomas Alva Edison
1) About being a genius
View this post on Instagram
A genius works harder and smarter every day to achieve his goals. . . #StartupStories #StartupLife #GrowthTips #WednesdayThoughts #ThomasAlvaEdison #USA #motivationalspeakers #motivationalquotes #inspirationalquotes #inspiration #success #successmindset #mondaythoughts #mondaymotivation #believeinyourself #believe #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurgoals#instadaily #instainspire
2) About failure
View this post on Instagram
Failing is another way of learning what not to do. . . #StartupStories #StartupLife #GrowthTips #WednesdayThoughts #ThomasAlvaEdison #USA #motivationalspeakers #motivationalquotes #inspirationalquotes #inspiration #success #successmindset #wednesdaythoughts #wednesdaymotivation #believeinyourself #believe #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurgoals#instadaily #instainspire
3) About hard work
View this post on Instagram
To achieve one needs to work hard! . . #StartupStories #StartupFacts #SuccessStories #StartupTip #ThomasAlvaEdison #thursdaydayTip #GrowthTip #successmantra #entrepreneur #entrepreneurquotes #entrepreneurmindset #entrepreneurlifestyle #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurslife #motivation #motivationalquote #motivationalquotes #motivationalquoteoftheday #inspirationalquotes #instainspiration #startupmindset #success #successstories #successquotes #successtips #successmantra #tuesdaymotivation #lifequotes #thursdayquotes
4) About giving up
View this post on Instagram
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. . . #StartupStories #StartupLife #SuccessStories #startuplife #startupgrind #startupmindset #success #successstories #successquotes #successtips #successmantra #entrepreneur #entrepreneurquotes #entrepreneurmindset #entrepreneurlifestyle #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurslife #motivation #motivationalquote #motivationalquotes #motivationalquoteoftheday #inspirationalquotes #instainspiration
5) About time
6) About invention
7) About opportunity
8) About executing ideas
9) About capability
10) About discontentment
Thomas Alva Edison was an inventor turned entrepreneur, with 512 patents under his name. He was the first scientist to employ a group of researchers and to establish an industrial laboratory. Edison’s work and success is the reason many people see him as an inspirational figure.
Comment below and let us know which of these quotes by Thomas Alva Edison inspired you the most.
- Travis Kalanick Unknown Facts
- Estée Lauder Life Lessons
- Thomas Alva Edison Most inspiring Quotes
- Harley-Davidson Success Story
- Traits To Look For In A Co Founder
- Adidas Unknown Facts
- 5 Companies Founded By Elon Musk That Are Not Tesla
- Starbucks Unknown Facts
- Walmart Family Makes $ 4 Million Every Hour And $ 100 Million Every Day
- Friends Who Founded Companies Together
- Warren Buffett Most Inspiring Quotes
- Reid Hoffman Unknown Facts
- Best Coca-Cola Marketing Campaigns
- First Jobs Of Famous Billionaires
- JRD Tata Unknown Facts
- Jack Ma Most Inspiring Quotes
- Modern Technological Innovations To Combat Increasing Food Demands And Climate Change
- Incredible Friendship Of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett
- Henry Ford Unknown Facts
- Women Startup Summit – Ecosystem For Women Entrepreneurs In India To Be Promoted