Young startup iB Cricket was awarded the Startup Of The Year (VR Technology) Award at Entrepreneur India 2019. Entrepreneur India 2019 was the flagship annual event of Entrepreneur Media and had many startups competing for the prestigious Startup of the Year Award.
iB Cricket, a virtual reality sport, is developed by XR technology based startup ProYuga, which is backed by iB Hubs. ProYuga, based in Hyderabad, was co founded by Sama Vasantha Sai, an IIIT Hyderabad alumni and Kothinti Trivikrama Reddy, an IIT Delhi alumni who turned down a Rs. 1 crore job offer at a reputed MNC, prior to founding ProYuga.
iB Cricket is a highly immersive true sport virtual reality (VR) game with a potential to reach 500 million users across the world. This VR sport provides a complete gaming environment and gives a very realistic experience of playing cricket at magnificent stadiums, thanks to the game’s meticulous design. The game has a personalized AI coach and many global tournaments, which allow users to build their cricket career like that of their favorite cricketer’s. The startup has been strengthening its presence in India and also expanded to countries like UK, Singapore, Australia and Dubai.
iB Cricket achieved many milestones since its inception and recently collaborated with Viu to host the world’s first virtual reality cricket tournament, the iB Cricket Super Over League, where 12 prominent international cricketers like Virender Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Herschelle Gibbs and McCullum competed against each other. iB Cricket also became the official VR gaming partner of 5 IPL teams—Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Rajasthan Royals, Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Sundar Pichai To Lead Alphabet Inc As New CEO
Sundar Pichai is all set to lead Alphabet Inc., the multinational conglomerate parent company of Google. Pichai was the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Google since 2015 and now, he will also lead Alphabet Inc.
On the 3rd of December, Larry Page, the co founder of Alphabet Inc., stepped down as the CEO handing over the position to Sundar Pichai. Alphabet, which emerged in 2015 as a result of restructuring of Google, currently owns more than 12 companies, including Waymo, Malta, Makani, X Development, Calico, the healthcare software company Verily and others.
Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the co founders of Google, wrote a blog post speaking about their decision of moving out of the company, instating Sundar Pichai the CEO of Alphabet.
Larry Page showed his confidence in Sundar Pichai, who has been leading Google as the CEO since 2015. Page said, “We’ve never been ones to hold on to management roles when we think there’s a better way to run the company. And Alphabet and Google no longer need two CEOs and a President. Going forward, Sundar will be the CEO of both Google and Alphabet (sic.)”
Though Larry Page and Sergey Brin resigned from their respective posts of CEO and President, they would still remain on the Board of Directors of the Company.
Born and brought up in a middle class family in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, Sundar Pichai completed his education from IIT Kharagpur and Stanford University. Later, in 2004, Pichai joined Google marking the starting point of his successful career. Sundar Pichai gained success after creating and executing the Google Chrome project, which is now the world’s most used web browser.
In the letter, Larry Page and Sergey Brin addressed Sundar Pichai praising his efforts, abilities and contribution to Google. “Sundar brings humility and a deep passion for technology to our users, partners and our employees every day,” they added.
The cofounders also mentioned Pichai worked for the growth and development of Google and Alphabet for 15 years, through the formation of Alphabet, as CEO of Google, and a member of the Alphabet Board of Directors.. They are confident Pichai would lead Google and Alphabet with great passion.
Speaking about the blog and the role, Sundar Pichai tweeted
I’m excited about Alphabet’s long term focus on tackling big challenges through technology. Thanks to Larry & Sergey, we have a timeless mission, enduring values and a culture of collaboration & exploration – a strong foundation we’ll continue to build on https://t.co/tSVsaj4FsR
— Sundar Pichai (@sundarpichai) December 4, 2019
Twitter users congratulated Sundar Pichai for becoming the CEO of Alphabet Inc. Hours after the big announcement, the shares of Alphabet Inc., rose by 0.64 % to 1,303 dollars.
From a small company in 1998 working out of a dorm room and a garage to a multinational conglomerate, the journey of Google and Alphabet has been incredible. Watch the biography of Larry Page on our YouTube Channel
Wharton Graduate Eric Tse Becomes Billionaire At 24
Eric Tse, a Wharton graduate, was gifted $ 3.8 billion by his parents in the form of 2.7 billion shares of his parents’ company, Sino Biopharmaceutical Limited.
It was also reported along with the gift, Eric Tse was also promoted to the position of executive director at Sino Biopharmaceutical, after working at the Company for 1 year. As the executive director, Eric Tse will have a salary of $ 498,000 annually plus bonuses.
Now, Forbes lists Eric Tse as the 546th richest person in the world. Moreover, Bloomberg also reported the shares transferred to Eric Tse are equivalent to 21.45 % of the Company’s share capital.
Tse Ping, Eric’s father, founded the billion dollar company Sino Biopharmaceutical in 2000 and serves as the CEO of the Company. Cheung Ling Cheng, Eric Tse’s mother, also serves as the Vice Chairperson of Sino Biopharmaceutical. Theresa, Eric’s older sister, who is currently the Company’s Chairperson, owns 11 % of the Company.
According to a statement released by Sino Biopharmaceutical, the shares were transferred to Eric Tse in an effort to refine the management of the Company and the inheritance of the family wealth. The statement also added the board of directors believe the transfer of shares will not have any material impact on the business operations of the Company.
Eric Tse, who majored in Finance at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, was also the co founder of the Penn Wharton China Summit. The non profit organisation grew to become America’s largest student organized summit in China.
Despite the sudden increase in wealth, Tse expressed his wish of not wanting to participate in wealth ranking.
Huawei Unknown Facts
Huawei is the world’s largest manufacturer of telecommunication equipment. The Company was founded in 1987 by the 42 year old Ren Zhengfei. Considered one of the world’s largest technology brands, Huawei was valued at $ 105.1 billion in 2018. Here are a few unknown facts about this tech company.
Unknown facts about Huawei
1) Founder Ren Zhengfei came up with the name Huawei after coming across the phrase ‘Zhonghua youwei,’ which meant ‘China has promise.’
2) The name Huawei can be quite difficult for non Chinese people to pronounce. Huawei is pronounced as ‘Waa wai,’ but Huawei’s pronunciation varies by countries. This led the Company to launch a name recognition campaign, where they used “Wow way” to encourage a pronunciation closer to the actual one.
3) Huawei puts more focus on Research and Development (R and D,) with more than 40 % of the Company’s employees working in the R and D department.
4) Huawei’s Ox Horn Campus is famous for its European style architecture. Based in Guangdong, the R and D campus consists of 12 small ‘towns,’ modeled after famous European cities like Paris, Granada and Bruges. The research buildings of every ‘town’ are a replica of popular castles, palaces and many more.
5) Huawei’s 5G tech played a big part in the world’s first remote brain surgery. Dr. Ling Zhipei performed the brain surgery on a patient suffering from Parkinson’s disease. The surgeon operated on the patient, who was 3,000 km away from him, by manipulating surgical instruments with the help of a computer and 5G network. After the success, Dr. Zhipei credited Huawei’s 5G technology for ensuring a nearly real time operation.
6) In the tech industry, Apple is considered a direct rival of Huawei. However, this rivalry did not stop Huawei founder and CEO Ren Zhengfei from using Apple products. Zhengfei considers Apple’s iPhone the best phone in the world and revealed his family prefers Apple’s products over Huawei’s.
Did you find any of these unknown facts interesting? Comment below and let us know.
- Sundar Pichai To Lead Alphabet Inc As New CEO
- Wharton Graduate Eric Tse Becomes Billionaire At 24
- Huawei Unknown Facts
- Netflix To Face Stiff Competition Soon
- Jeff Bezos Loses World’s Richest Man Title And Gains It Back
- Chinese Millionaires Outnumber Wealthy Americans
- Companies Founded By Teenagers
- 20 Inspiring Quotes By Women Business Leaders Of The World
- Peter Thiel Unknown Facts
- Why Google Will Not Launch Pixel 4 In India
- Luxury Leader Bernard Arnault Grows Richer
- Starbucks In Japan Introduces Pen To Pay For Coffee
- Gucci Unknown Facts
- Ex Facebook Employee Reveals How He Made $ 1 Million In A Year
- The Rapid Growth Of OYO Into India’s Biggest Hospitality Chain
- Celebrities Who Invested In Startups
- 20 Inspiring Quotes By Young Entrepreneurs
- Sony Unknown Facts
- TikTok Owner Makes 7 Million In Revenue In The First Half Of 2019
- Lessons To Learn From Joanne Malone