With a net worth of $ 89.7 billion as of June 2019, the luxury giant Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault is the richest man of Europe and currently the fourth richest in the world. He chairs and runs LVMH, the world’s largest luxury goods company.
Bernard Arnault is also popularly known as the “Pope Of Fashion.”
Here are some unknown facts about him.
1) Bernard Arnault, the owner of the luxury empire LVMH, first realised the value of a brand at the age of 21 in the U.S.A., when a taxi driver he hired identified France with nothing else but Christian Dior.
2) In 2008, he expanded his empire by purchasing Princess Yachts, one of Britain’s leading motor boat companies. He followed it up with the purchase of Royal Van Lent in the same year.
3) Bernard Arnault is not only the owner of LVMH, but also the proud owner of a private island. His private island is called Indigo Island and is worth $ 35 million. Spread over an area of 133 acres, this island has a number of hilltop villas, beaches and tennis courts. Arnault love tennis and is often seen playing the sport to keep himself fit. His favourite tennis player is Roger Federer.
4) Bernard Arnault married Anne Dewaverin in 1973. Their marriage lasted for seventeen years after which they went their separate ways in 1990. Arnault remarried Hélène Mercier in 1991. Arnault has 5 children from his two marriages.
5) Arnault is a trained pianist and is known to play piano in his free time. In fact, Arnaults’s second wife is also a Canadian concert-piano player.
6) In the year 2007, Bernard Arnault was awarded the title of Commander of the French Legion Of Honour. This award has five rankings of which Commander is the third.
7) Arnault was honoured with the title of Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire in the year 2012. He is allowed to use KBE after his initials because of this.
8) Bernard Arnault’s autobiography, titled The Creative Passion, is one among the bestselling books of France. This book highlights his personal life and his take on money and success.
9) For charity, Arnault does not donate sums of money, instead he believes in offering people what they actually need. He is known to supply violins to talented musicians and also helps young creative minds by encouraging them to pursue their dreams.
10) Arnault is a noted art collector and as a result, built a $ 135 million Louis Vuitton Foundation museum near Paris. He also started the “LVMH Young Fashion Designer” as a competition for students.
With his hard work and perseverance, Arnault managed to amass a huge luxury empire with more than 70 luxury brands under LVMH.
Comment and let us know which of these facts impressed you the most.
Burt’s Bees Founding Story
Burt’s Bees is a famous American personal care products company known for using all natural ingredients in its products. The Company was founded in 1984 in Maine under some unlikely circumstances. Burt’s Bees was founded by Burt Shavitz, a photographer turned beekeeper and Roxanne Quimby, a candle maker.
Burt Shavitz, whose face has been gracing all Burt’s Bees products since the Company was founded, was a famous photojournalist who had his photographs featured in Time and Life magazines. Shavitz considered his life unfulfilled in the city of Manhattan and escaped to rural Maine, where he started a honey business. During this time, Shavitz met Roxanne Quimby, an artist and candle maker.
The two struck up a partnership to start a candle making business using the beeswax from Burt Shavitz’s honey business. They started the business with an investment of $ 200 in an abandoned one room schoolhouse. Shavitz and Quimby started selling their beeswax candles at a high school craft fair. The business flourished and within a year, the duo made a $ 20,000 profit. In 1989, they increased their production after getting a large order from a New York boutique and moved their headquarters to an abandoned bowling alley.
During this time, Quimby came across a 19th century beekeeping book which included homemade personal care recipes using beeswax. This prompted the Company to change its direction from candle making to personal care products. Burt’s Bees became a legal corporation in 1991 and introduced the most famous product of the Company, Burt’s Bees lip balm. By 1993, the Company’s main focus was exclusively on personal care products. The Company slowly started expanding to international market and started selling its product in Japan by the late 1990s.
However, during this time, Roxanne Quimby forced Shavitz out of the Company over personal issues. In 1999, Quimby bought Shavitz’s stake of the Company and offered him a $ 130,000 house in Maine. Quimby went on to sell the Company to the Clorox Corporation in 2007 for $ 925 million.
Now, after 35 years since its inception, Burt’s Bees is still a popular brand, selling more than 100 products under its name. The success of Burt’s Bees also made its founders, who were just small business owners earlier, millionaires.
Michael Dell Unknown Facts
Michael Sull Dell, the founder and CEO of Dell Technologies, is a well known businessman and philanthropist. He is also considered one of the most powerful figures by several magazines. Here are some lesser known facts about Michael Dell.
Unknown facts about Michael Dell
1) Michael Dell, in an effort to enter the business world early, took a high school equivalency exam at the age of 8.
2) Like many self made billionaires, Michael Dell had a humble beginning and worked part time as a dishwasher at a restaurant and sold subscriptions of the Houston Post during his high school days.
3) Michael Dell started his first business when he was 12 and formed a marketing company which offered national stamp auction through mail. The business was a profitable one, with Dell earning $ 2000 from it.
4) Michael Dell’s very first computer was an Apple II, which he later tore apart in order to see how the inside of the computer worked.
5) Even though Michael Dell is known as a tech giant, he attended college as a pre med student. While at college, Dell started an informal business and eventually dropped out, after his business became a success.
6) Dell set a new record in the city of Manhattan when he purchased a penthouse at One57 skyscraper for $ 100.47 million.
7) Michael Dell is not just a businessman and philanthropist, but also an author. Dell collaborated with author Catherine Fredman to write a book Direct from Dell: Strategies that Revolutionized an Industry, which describes Dell’s business journey.
Michael Dell climbed the ladder of success at an early age, with his focus and dedication. Now worth $ 35 billion, he is an inspiration to many entrepreneurs.
Which of these facts about Michael Dell did you find interesting? Comment below and let us know.
Coco Chanel Most Inspiring Quotes
Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, known to the world as Coco Chanel, was a French designer and founder of the Chanel brand. Known for revolutionising the fashion industry, Coco Chanel still remains one of the most influential people in the world. Here are the 7 most inspiring quotes by Coco Chanel.
Most inspiring quotes by Coco Chanel
1) About wasting time
View this post on Instagram
If something does not work out, move on and try something new. . . #StartupStories #StartupLife #FactOfTheDay #MondayMotivation #GrowthTips #LifeHack #motivationalspeakers #motivationalquotes #inspirationalquotes #inspiration #success #successmindset #believeinyourself #believe #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurgoals#instadaily #instainspire
2) About success
View this post on Instagram
If you believe you are going to be successful, then you are already halfway there. . . #StartupStories #StartupLife #FactOfTheDay #FridayFacts #cocochanel #GrowthTips #LifeHack #motivationalspeakers #motivationalquotes #inspirationalquotes #inspiration #success #successmindset #believeinyourself #believe #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurgoals#instadaily #instainspire
3) About being unique
View this post on Instagram
Don't be afraid of being different! . . #StartupStories #SuccessStories -#GrowthTips #LifeHacks #StartupLife #CocoChannel #ThursdayThoughts #entrepreneur #entrepreneurquotes #entrepreneurmindset #entrepreneurlifestyle #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurslife #motivation #motivationalquote #motivationalquotes #motivationalquoteoftheday #inspirationalquotes #instainspiration #startupmindset #success #successstories #successquotes #successtips #successmantra #instamood
4) About being courageous
View this post on Instagram
How often have you thought for yourself? . . #StartupStories #CocoChanel #chanel #MotivationalQuotes #MondayMotivation #startups #startuptips #startuplife #startupgrind #startupmindset #success #successstories #successquotes #successtips #successmantra #entrepreneur #entrepreneurquotes #entrepreneurmindset #entrepreneurlifestyle #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurslife #motivation #motivationalquote #motivationalquotes #motivationalquoteoftheday #inspirationalquotes #instainspiration
5) About changing your life
6) About growth
7) About change
Coco Chanel, through her creative vision, showed the world fashion is more important than beauty. Everything she created was aimed at making women’s lives a little bit easier and better.
Which of these quotes by Coco Chanel inspired you the most? Comment below and let us know.
- Most Incredible Japanese Innovations
- Traits of Mentally Strong People
- Lesser Known Facts About Burt Shavitz
- Lessons To Learn From Bill Campbell
- Marketing Campaigns Which Failed
- Apple’s New Launch – iPhone 11
- Jack Ma Retires From Alibaba At 55
- Burt’s Bees Founding Story
- UNIQLO Founder Takes Step Towards Women Empowerment Amid Gender Gap Issue In Japan
- 20 Most Inspiring Quotes By World’s Top CEOs
- Michael Dell Unknown Facts
- Successful Companies Founded By College Students
- Samsung Lesser Known Facts
- Traits To Look For In A Mentor
- Documentaries Every Entrepreneur Should Watch
- Jim Rohn Most Inspiring Quotes
- Red Bull Unknown Facts
- Coco Chanel Most Inspiring Quotes
- Nike Unknown Facts
- The Journey of Red Bull