In today’s world, change is the only constant. Technology is now evolving at such a rapid speed, a technology which was in demand a few months ago may be replaced with a new one even before you realise it. The only way you can succeed in this ever changing world of technology is by learning constantly. So, if you are a student looking for a tech job or an aspiring tech entrepreneur, here is a list of tech skills you must learn to stay alive in the market.
1) Machine learning
Machine learning is an internal part of AI. Machine learning provides the system with the ability to learn and improve from experience without being programmed constantly. A platform like Netflix uses machine learning to provide recommendations to its users.
Considering its advantages, machine learning is now being incorporated into a variety of sectors and there is a huge demand for skilled professionals. Within machine learning, we also have subskills like neural networks, natural language processing and deep learning. Each of these subskills, provides opportunity for specializations.
With this skill, you can get hired at top tech companies as an AI architect with an average salary of $ 150,000.
2) Cloud computing
Cloud computing is a term which includes delivery of a variety of services through the internet including data storage, databases, servers, etc., without actual management by the user.
Cloud computing jobs are only increasing because more and more companies are making the transition from classical servers to cloud servers and the pay cheque for skilled professionals is only getting fatter by the day.
3) Digital marketing
In simple terms, digital marketing is the science of marketing products and services using various digital media.
Employers are looking for people with digital marketing skills so as to improve their company’s online presence which, in turn, can attract a lot of customers. Digital marketing can be a useful skill to learn if you are job seeker.
On the other hand, this skill can also help you if you are aspiring to start your own business. You can use Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) skills to market your own company.
4) Internet of Things
Internet of things (IoT) is basically an interconnection of physical objects which are accessible through the internet. A smart home is a real life example of internet of things. Apps like Fitbit and Lyft also use IoT.
With so much of scope, IoT is the future. Skilled professionals with an understanding of IoT can get highly paid jobs, develop their own applications or start their own businesses. This is a must learn skill for tech savvies.
5) Augmented reality and Virtual reality
AR and VR are two technologies capable of changing the way you look at the world. Augmented reality creates an enhanced version of the reality using technology, whereas virtual reality uses computer technology Skills to create a simulated environment for the user. The popular game Pokémon Go is an example of augmented reality.
AR and VR find applications in various fields, including gaming, entertainment, education and marketing. Learning these skills can be extremely useful if you are looking to start a business or develop your own games.
Though there are several emerging technologies, these 5 technologies have a sustainable future and can provide a secure career path.
Comment and let us know if you think any other technologies can be added to this list.
Is AI The Future Of Retail?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is slowly becoming a key element in the modern, technologically driven world. Along with other industries, AI is also making its presence known in the retail industry.
Artificial intelligence is used to define the intelligence demonstrated by machines. Through AI, machines can store data from previous experiences, adjust to new inputs and can also perform human like tasks. By combining large sets of data, iterative processing and detailed algorithms, AI is able to learn quickly from patterned data. AI can become a crucial part of retail business, if integrated properly.
AI can be beneficial when it comes to daily task management and gaining insights about customers. Using AI in retail stores can also contribute to time management for business owners as well. This could also help in customizing the shopping experience of customers all the while creating a better business due to customer interaction. This, inturn, helps the business gain more customer insights.
Moreover, using such technology in the retail industry will leave less room for errors. It will also help owners keep tabs on shoplifting as every item will have a record in the store database. AI operated retails would be able to work 24*7 without any manpower, resulting in more profits for retail businesses.
Even though AI supported retail stores are still far away, two of the world’s biggest retailers, Amazon and Walmart, already introduced stores which are entirely AI dependent.
In 2018, Amazon announced a chain of convenience stores named Amazon Go, which are partly automated. The stores use several different technologies like computer vision, deep learning algorithms and sensor fusion. The ceilings of the stores are equipped with multiple cameras and the store shelves have weight sensors attached to them. These weight sensors help in the detection of the items taken by a customer and the item is automatically added to the customer’s virtual cart. Introduced on January 22nd 2018, Amazon Go has 18 outlets in the United States.
Meanwhile, Walmart, in April 2019, introduced its Intelligent Retail Lab (IRL.) Based in New York, this store comes equipped with artificial intelligence cameras, interactive displays and massive data centers. This store is also used by Walmart as a lab to explore the future use of AI in the retail industry.
While AI operated stores are beneficial to everyone, the cost behind such a project can be a real nightmare. Implementing high tech devices can be expensive, especially for small businesses and also increases dependency on machines. However, the benefits of this technology are much higher, to be ignored completely.
Incorporating artificial intelligence into the retail sector may sound like science fiction. However, the efforts put in by these giant retailers and the advancement of technology mean AI operated retail shops will be a part of our future.
Modern Technological Innovations To Combat Increasing Food Demands And Climate Change
Climate change has become a serious concern for the world in recent times. With various human activities worsening the world’s climate even more, scientists are working hard to find different solutions to combat the situation.
At the 2016 Paris Climate Change conference, where various political parties and activists gathered to discuss climate change, an agreement was passed with an aim to prevent global temperatures from rising. However, Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates argued there should be more effort put in than just a cut in global emissions to combat climate change. As a solution, Bill Gates, along with many other billionaires, launched a fund to invest in innovative technologies which will help combat this issue.
Global warming due to food and agricultural practices is a major concern for researchers and activists right now as it is estimated the global population will increase by 3 million people by 2050. This increase in population will require us to convert more forests and other ecosystems into agricultural fields to accommodate the need of the world population, resulting in the emission of 15 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide.
According to a report issued by the World Bank and the United Nations, there will be 50 % expansion of global food needs by 2050, with an increased need for meat based food products. It will require the conversion of nearly 600 million hectares of land for agricultural use and to meet the food requirements of the global population.
With a focus on finding solutions to the food related climate change issues, scientists are working on innovations for the reduction of food loss and waste and for the conservation of peatlands which release huge amounts of carbon dioxide after being converted to farmlands. They are also working on projects to help in decreasing the use of fertilizers in the agricultural field, which causes 20 % of the agricultural emissions in the environment.
Scientists are working on modern technologies like CRISPR Cas9, plant based meat replacements and compounds which stop fertilizers from being converted to nitrous oxide by soil microbes.
CRISPR Cas9 is a modern genome editing tool used in the manipulation of DNA and can be used to create or delete an entire genetic trait in a species. Scientists are working on using the technology to improve plant breeding by altering the genetic traits of various crop plants to improve their quality and increase their resistance from biotic and abiotic stresses.
World’s dependance on meat based food products is also a major concern in terms of climate change as there is no way to meet the meat requirements of 9 billion people worldwide. The solution to this problem is to develop lab grown meat and meat alternatives, undertaken by companies like Beyond Meat. Beyond Meat, which acquired an investment from Bill Gates, produces plant based meat burgers. These meat burgers are made entirely from vegetable protein obtained from peas and can be used as a replacement to meat.
Methane is a potent greenhouse gas which plays a major role in global warming. Majority of the methane in our ecosystem comes from our livestock, with a single cow releasing 3 tonnes of methane into the atmosphere every year by burping. Scientists at DSM Company developed a methane reducing feed additive which can make cows give out less methane.
There are other innovations done by researchers such as the use of solar power to produce hydrogen in nitrogen based fertilizers, using nontoxic spray on films to increase the shelf life of food items and developing crops which can absorb nitrogen, a major contributor to global warming.
It is a major challenge to feed an increasing world population without increasing the global temperatures, but with scientists working on technologies like CRISPR Cas9 and plant based meat food, there is still hope to achieve the impossible goal of combating climate change.
iPhone Unknown Facts
Introduced by Steve Jobs in the year 2007, the iPhone is a technological revolution which changed the fate of smartphones forever. It is also safe to say, the iPhone is one of the most coveted smartphones in the world.
Here is a list of few things you may not know about this amazing piece of technology.
Unknown facts about iPhone
1) The iPhone was originally called ‘Purple.’ Scott Forstall, the ex software head of Apple, revealed, the phone was initially named ‘Purple,’ after ‘Purple Dorm,’ the building where it was built and developed.
2) Cisco Systems owns the patent for the name iPhone for its VoIP phone. When Apple released its iPhone, Cisco sued Apple for using its name. Both the companies then reached a settlement and agreed to work together on products later in the future.
3) If you ever observed the iPhone commercials, you will notice, all the iPhones show the time as 9:41 A.M. Apparently, 9:41 A.M., was the time when Steve Jobs first unveiled the iPhone.
4) The retina display on the iPhone is its most expensive feature.
5) We are all aware of the rivalry between Apple and Samsung. Samsung was seen trashing the iPhone in many of its commercials. Still, it looks like these companies are not rivals after all. According to technology intelligence experts, the processor that powers the iPhone is actually manufactured by Samsung. Now that’s a shocker.
6) When the iPhone was introduced, founder Steve Jobs first used it to make a prank call to order 4,000 lattes from a nearby Starbucks store.
7) iPhones are the most profitable products created by Apple. They account for up to 70 % of Apple’s total revenue.
8) The iPhone earned 73 % of the profit of the smartphone industry in 2018.
9) In 2007, iPhone was awarded the Invention of the Year by TIME magazine.
10) By 2015, Apple sold around 700 million iPhones. Reports also suggest, the users of iPhone are more loyal to their brand than Android users.
Do you know any other interesting facts about the iPhone? Comment below and let us know.
- Iconic Power Couples At The Top Of Their Game
- Best Valentine’s Day Campaigns Run By Famous Brands
- Ather Energy – Delivering India’s First Smart and Electric Scooter
- Fake Amazon App Takes A Dig At Toxic Dating Culture
- The RAW Pressery Story -Juices Without Preservatives On A Shelf
- Indian Origin Arvind Krishna To Take Over As IBM Chief Executive Officer
- Shuttl – A Startup Providing Comfortable Mass Commute Options
- Cure.fit – How This Startup Is Revamping The Idea Of Fitness
- Bumblebee Spaces – How This Startup Is Reinventing Housing Storage Spaces
- Impossible Foods – Achieving The Impossible With Plant Based Meat
- How To Increase Online Sales Of A Business
- ROLI – A Startup Pushing The Boundaries Of Making Music
- 5 Corporations With Bug Bounty Programs
- Online Food Delivery Platform Zomato Acquires Uber Eats
- The Story Of Live Video Streaming Startup Twitch
- How E Pharmacy Startup 1mg Changed The Way Medicines Are Delivered
- Story of Rovio Entertainment, Makers of Angry Birds Franchise
- 4 Tips For A Business To Increase Sales
- 7 Inspiring Quotes By Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- How To Start A Business With Little Capital