Rejection can be devastating. Rejection doesn’t mean you aren’t good enough, it means the other person failed to notice what you have to offer. There are many incredibly successful people around the world who were rejected many times. Weaker people often lose hope and give up, it is persistence and resilience that separates success and failure.
Here, are ten people from various walks of life, who never gave up and remained focused on their goals.
1) Sir Isaac Newton – He was pulled out from the school by his mother so that he could run his family farm. Isaac failed miserably to maintain the farm. He went on to become one of the most influential scientists of all time. Isaac Newton formulated the Laws of Motion and the theory of Gravity.
2) Charles Darwin – was considered to be an average student, he even gave up his career in medicine. While studying to be a Parson, Charles never gave up his studies of the Sciences. Darwin became a great geologist who contributed to the science of Evolution.
3) Thomas Edison – He was told by his teachers that “He was too stupid to learn anything.” He is now described as America’s greatest inventor. Edison developed many devices like the phonograph and the motion picture camera and the quintessential light bulb.
4) Henry Ford – ruined his reputation with a couple of failed automobile businesses. Henry went on to become the founder of the Ford Motor Company. Ford developed and manufactured the first automobile that many middle-class Americans could afford.
5) Albert Einstein – He initially had some difficulties in learning and communicating in the traditional manner. Albert Einstein was diagnosed with a learning disability which he later conquered. Then, he went on to become a theoretical physicist. Einstein is best known for his mass-energy equivalence formula, a pivotal step in the evolution of the Quantum Theory.
6) Walt Disney – was fired from the Kansas City Star because his editor felt Walt lacked the creative imagination and had no good ideas! Walt Disney went on to become an American entrepreneur, animator, voice actor and a film producer. Disney was a pioneer of the American animation industry.
7) Oprah Winfrey – She was fired publicly from her Television job as an anchor for getting too emotional while investigating her stories. Oprah went ahead to become an American media mogul, talk show host, actor and film producer. She is best known for her show “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
8) J.K. Rowling – The first billionaire author is famous for her series Harry Porter. Rowling was a single mother when she started writing the novel and was rejected by 12 publicist. She is now internationally renowned for her seven-book Harry Porter series.
9) Sir James Dyson – went through almost 5,126 prototypes while developing his vacuum cleaner. He also spent 15 years of his savings to follow his passion. Ultimately, his 5,127th prototype worked and the Dyson brand became a best-selling bagless vacuum brand.
10) Lady Gaga – also known as Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. She was dropped by her record label, Island Def Jam after three months. After receiving the news she cried so hard that she could hardly speak. Lady Gaga is now a renowned American singer, songwriter and actress.
The parable is Everyone fails! That is as constant as the Sun rising in the East. But one becomes a winner only when we get up after every failure and keep trying. We should also learn from our failures, not just from our successes.
5 Ways To Promote Your Business On LinkedIn
If you are not promoting your business on LinkedIn then you are definitely missing out on something big!
LinkedIn could get you a massive potential audience for your business and boost your business to another level. At present, LinkedIn is the third most popular social networking website. From finding jobs to finding customers, this commercial website is widely used by everyone. This platform is the modern day lead generation software. According to stats, around 255 million people visit the site each month, ranging from individual employees to leaders of business.
Here are 5 ways to promote your business on LinkedIn
Create an effective company profile
Start off by creating an effective company profile on LinkedIn. The profile needs to be precise and unique which could differentiate you from others. Create a company profile that includes information about what your company does, how long you’ve been doing it and how interested clients can contact you for more information.
Post content actively
At this point, content marketing plays a vital role in any and every business. Of course, content is the queen! You have to post as much content as possible to keep the audience hooked to your company’s whereabouts. The content you add in your company summary section to news updates or to your own personal profile need to be targeted and optimized. Do not forget to use keywords that emphasize your speciality. Writing clever and brief content that shows you’re an expert in your field. You can also share your highest performing blog posts or articles. Alongside, do not forget to post interesting videos on LinkedIn. Provide links to relevant content on your website and attract the audience toward your business.
Boost your company’s SEO on LinkedIn
Optimizing your company page on LinkedIn is very important. I repeat, very important! When people are searching on LinkedIn, a well optimized company page pops up first. So, an effective SEO can help you gain immense visibility. You can insert relevant keywords in your company’s profile information. Apart from this, you can link your company page which is essential for boosting your ranking in search.
Join LinkedIn groups
Groups help you connect with professionals as well as customers. When you join the right groups, you have the potential to be targeting major decision makers that could become your clients. However, you may already be a part of several groups on LinkedIn but taking it as an opportunity to uplift your business is what matters. Each time you participate in a group, your photo and name are included, plus you can add on a short signature with your company information on your posts for added promotion. Isn’t that cool? Add a catchy signature that could grab the potential audience’s attention which in turn would take them to your company profile. You could also make a collaboration based group which can be created and managed by your own company. It can be an outstanding way to get your company name out there and recognizable. Isn’t that what every business wants as a beginner? You can promote your business indirectly on LinkedIn by providing a perspective in group discussions.
Interact, Interact and Interact
One of the greatest things about LinkedIn is that it helps you interact with the right people by showing you networks of connectivity. Browse through profiles of your connections and see who they’re involved with and you might discover a valuable lead. Sounds interesting, right?
So, the next time you are trying to promote your business, do not forget to consider LinkedIn.
Women Entrepreneurs Who Can Have It All!
When it comes to the corporate and startup world, India ranks as the third lowest on the list. Only 20% of the senior roles are held by women while around 50% of the corporates surveyed show no women in leadership roles. More often than not, leadership roles are given according to gender, irrespective of the title. If you are a woman reading this and struggling to make a mark at work, then these tips could help.
1. It is okay to not have everything figured out
“My colleagues are doing so well in life. They have everything figured out and they know what they are doing. I just do not know where I stand.” Do these words sound familiar to you? Do you feel like you are drowning every day without a break in the bad times? Do not worry. It is perfectly okay to not have everything in your life go according to the plan. Conform around the imperfect parts of you!
2. Break the stereotypes
Through the ages, women have been pigeon holed to certain roles in society. If Indra Nooyi, who comes from a traditional background, can break the barriers and become the CEO of Pepsico, then you can too! While she does own the boardroom at work, she eats the cake at home as well! Break free and set your own rules.
3. Be authentic
There is a strong need to be you at work. Women work hard to create their own path and when you try to be anyone but you at work, the gap becomes extremely obvious. Be you and do not try to conform to unfamiliar roles.
With the men in the world already taking over different aspects of life, we are at the time when women look at the Shakti within and embrace their power! Be you. Be amazing. Kick the male off “female.”
Why Startups Should Opt For Digital Marketing Agencies!
Whether you want to find friends, promote your products online, sell them to your customers, find your prospects, social media platforms have become an integral part of our lives. With social media platforms evolving at a very fast pace, the face of marketing has taken a unique turn. From large enterprises to small businesses everyone is keen on investing and focusing on digital marketing tools. It’s become evident digital marketing is the brand new way into the hearts of customers. Speaking about startups and their digital marketing tricks, it is significant to get on the right foot and choose tools effectively. It can take time, money and even experience which plays a crucial role in a startup. However, engaging users is no easy task!
In the world of digital marketing, it is becoming increasingly significant for brands and startups alike as more and more companies are tapping the social media platforms to help their businesses emerge. The role of digital marketing agencies in the development of startups have remodified the way of marketing. Not only that but it demands a level of expertise to know what kind of content is going to resonate in the current market. With the help of a digital marketing agency, you achieve this by shaping your startup on social media platforms. It helps in establishing trust, creating brand awareness, building reputation and generating leads as you want. Everyday people are bombarded with loads of brands and companies! For a startup and its digital marketing needs to be quite sequential and as a beginner, it surely must be difficult to keep a track of all the activities! Digital marketing agencies only make your workflow with ease in an amazing way!
Here’s an example of an international digital marketing agency that managed to turn the cards for multiple brands. We are speaking about the famous AQKA, a digital agency that specialises in creating digital services and products for brands across the globe. It happens to be one of the UK’s best digital marketing agencies, serving clients like Audi, BBC, Nike and Starbucks! One of the remarkable campaigns of AQKA was the Nike campaign held in the year 2011. The Nike campaign featured the famous singer Ellie Goulding. It was an online short film showing Goulding running to her song Run Into The Light. The film was viewed 63,000 times in the first ten days and the brand added 2,490 fans on Facebook. This campaign became famous overnight!
When it comes to national digital marketing agencies, Whacked Out Media is a next gen media company based out of Hyderabad. The company is focused toward digital marketing since 2011. Today it is Asia’s largest and fastest growing enterprise partner of YouTube as well as being a multi channel network partner that also publishes videos across several other models as well. WOM’s core strength lies in its organic content marketing strategies as well as its experience with audience development and content optimization. WOM emphasizes on developing a company’s relationship with the audience. Through extensive research and mastered skills, WOM strives to deliver the best a company can get. Its main aim is to deliver the best digital media services to its clients. As a startup, aligning with WOM could make your brand shine brighter with its impressive spread on the social media platforms. The company has so far managed to deliver stupendous services to its clients. The USP of the company lies in its strong brand presence through brilliant strategies and technology. Not only that but Whacked Out Media falls under the category India’s Top 10 Largest Digital Media companies.
Therefore, in order to make your startup stand out from the crowd, opt for a powerful digital marketing agency as it could be your golden ticket to make your presence felt in the market!
- 5 Ways To Promote Your Business On LinkedIn
- Yatra Online Keen On Raising 9 Mn Shares Worth $ 50 Mn
- Women Entrepreneurs Who Can Have It All!
- Why Startups Should Opt For Digital Marketing Agencies!
- After Swiggy, Zomato Is In Talks For $ 400 Mn Funding!
- Myntra Launches Its Own Wearable Platform
- OYO Flourishes Its Hospitality Business In China
- These Two Powerful Women Own The Couch At 2018 Forbes Women’s Summit!
- Google To Train Indian Journalists To Eliminate Fake News Fuss!
- You Can’t Book An Uber Via Google Maps Anymore
- Paytm Acquires Mobile Tech Startup, Cube26
- Amazon India And Flipkart To Clash Over Luggage Category!
- Facebook Is Losing A Top Executive!
- How To Deal With Credit Stealers At Work
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Talks About The Success Of Digital India
- Fosun To Focus On Emerging Start Ups In India
- Twitter Announces New Changes To Improve User Experience
- Uber Lite Makes Its Debut, Starting From India!
- When Kickstarter Was Kickstarted!
- Ranvijay Singh Becomes Investor Cum Brand Ambassador For What’s Up Life!