Myntra, the Flipkart owned fashion ecommerce startup, is leveraging neighborhood kirana stores for last minute deliveries. In an attempt to bolster its presence in the Indian market, Myntra has been aggressively scaling its network of kirana stores. The move might help the company reduce the delivery time by 25%.
According to the company the 2,000 kirana stores and other small shops, working under the Mensa Network scheme, are responsible for the delivery of one in every five orders. Chief People Officer and Head of New Initiatives, Manpreet Ratia, speaking about the MENSA scheme said, “We are aiming to do (sic) 70% deliveries through MENSA. We have invested majorly in technology to enable and further, scale MENSA to the next level.” Around 23% of Myntra’s nonsale deliveries are completed by these corner stores. However, the volume of deliveries goes up significantly during sales season, like the Big Billion Days.
Launched in April this year, 40% of the stores that are a part of the Mensa Network are family run grocery stores, while the rest are various service providers such as mobile repair shops, recharge shops and stationery stores, among others. Further, to boost its delivery services, the ecommerce startup also launched ‘Project Mass’ with the aim of assisting its delivery staff to start their own businesses and shops and add to the Mensa Network. These businesses will also be provided with a seed investment of Rs. 40,000 each.
According to Ratia, Project Mass is aimed at helping employees who have had a long association with Myntra and now want to go on the entrepreneurial path. “These people will act as brand ambassadors for MENSA and attract shops in their vicinity to join the network,” he further added. Over 370 delivery associates have opted for Project Mass so far and 250 of these stores have already started operations. Founded by Mukesh Bansal along with Ashutosh Lawania and Vineet Saxena in 2007, the company crossed $ 1 billion in annual Gross Marketing Value in 2016 to become a unicorn company.
Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
“The proposed Hyperloop transportation system will transform the transportation system and make Maharashtra a global pioneer in the space. The socioeconomic benefits of the project is $55 billion (Rs. 3,54,750 crore),” Branson said, claiming that the project will create thousands of jobs.
How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
WhatsApp the online messaging service launched their payments feature on Sunday. The United Payment Interface, UPI platform, is now live on the iOS as well as on Android devices. It is interesting to note here, India is the first country in the world to get this feature! So far, this feature has only been made available in the beta version and will soon be made available in the updated versions.
With the introduction of the payments option, WhatsApp has become more than just a messaging service. The newly rolled out payments feature lets users transfer money to their WhatsApp contacts through the app. By introducing this feature, these UPI based payments feature is squashing all competition and other online wallets in India. Further, this feature also allows users to transfer money directly from their bank accounts to anyone instantly.
WhatsApp payments option is now available in two places on the app, settings option and below the attachment icon when you open a particular chat. It is very similar to other mobile wallets like Paytm, Mobikwick and Tez. However, WhatsApp payments app as of now does not support payment option for merchants. This feature can only be used for bank to bank money transfer.
* The foremost factor that the sender should keep in mind is that user’s WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to the bank account along with UPI option activated.
* Before using the payments feature the sender and the receiver must ensure both their phones have the latest WhatsApp version.
Is The Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Era Over?
Cryptocurrencies saw a sudden rise in the recent times. At present, there are atleast ten popular digital currencies that are ruling the virtual currency industry, with Bitcoin standing on the top. However, despite reaching a high valuation of $ 20,000 in December, the value of Bitcoin dipped by more than 50 % on Friday.
- Five Ways To Build An Effective Startup Team
- Relationship Between Manager And Employee
- Bill Gates And His Life Secrets
- Virgin Hyperloop To Transform Indian Transportation System!
- Amazon Pilots Food Retail Venture In Pune
- Arunachalam Muruganantham: India’s Social Entrepreneur And Menstruation Man
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Business!
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Tips For All Entrepreneurs
- Will WhatsApp PayMent Change The Payment Industry In India?
- How To Build Loyalty With The Millennials
- Ola Launches Internal Investigation For Fraud
- The Art Of Strategic Alliances
- 4 Key Strategies For Small Companies To Drive Business Growth
- The Long And Short Terms Of Working Towards Success In Your Twenties
- How To Impress Your New Clients
- How To Use WhatsApp Payments Feature In India
- How To Avoid A Bad Breakup With Your Boss After You Quit
- Foodpanda To Boost Logistics With Rs. 400 Crores Investment
- How To Become A Networking Genius
- Hack Productivity At Work