Businesses always run on a tight schedule and if you are the kind who always misses out on certain things to do through the day, then a To Do List, is definitely what you need to have. A To Do List not only organizes your thoughts, but also simplifies all the things you have to do in a day. Here is why it is extremely essential for you to have a To Do list ready at the beginning of every day.
Perhaps one of the best things a To Do List does to your life is that it organizes things and puts everything into perspective. When you organize your things, you get a clear picture of what is there to do and tasks which have been completed. An added bonus of having a list is the moment you finish your list, the sense of satisfaction you have of finishing everything almost feels like an early Christmas!
A To Do List helps in increasing your productivity. The moment you write down your tasks, you can start prioritizing them and going through them depending on what is important and what isn’t. According to a recent study done by Harvard University, 90 % of managers waste time because they don’t list out their activities. If you want to be a part of the 10 % who are successful, then chalk out what you want to do throughout the day and get cracking!
A To Do List helps motivate you into doing better than you did the previous day. It is easy to dream of what you want, but unless you actually work toward the goal, the changes of the dream coming true are very less. Have a clear end goal in mind and list your tasks keeping the goal in sight. The more you work toward the goal, the more chances there are of it coming true.
4. Improves your memory
With so many things constantly happening on a regular basis, there are greater chances of forgetting what you have to do. With a To Do List, your memory improves greatly. One of the best ways to make sure you don’t forget what you have to do during the day is to write your tasks down in the morning so your checklist is fresh in your head. Keep a clear eye on what you want to accomplish and make sure your tasks are written down in such a way that you will definitely not forget your things!
Having a To Do List is a must if you want to accomplish all the tasks at hand. If you think we missed out on any other reasons as to why To Do Lists are important, comment and let us know!
Wacky Stories About Entrepreneurs
The world of business is quite serious and can seem intriguing at times. However, there are many people out there who proved entrepreneurs can have some really interesting personalities. Here is a list of four crazy things famous entrepreneurs have done.
Wacky stories about famous entrepreneurs
1) Nicolas Berggruen
Famous philanthropist and investor Nicolas Berggruen avoided buying a house for years. He preferred to travel and stay at various hotels all over the world. This unique lifestyle earned him the nickname of “the homeless billionaire.” However, Berggruen decided to settle down and bought a house worth $ 40 million in 2017.
2) Yoshiro Nakamatsu
This Japanese inventor is credited for inventing many things like the floppy disk, jumping shoes with leaf springs and a wig for self defense. He has more than 3,357 inventions to his name. In many interviews, Nakamatsu said underwater diving gives him the best ideas. He also claims to get best ideas when he spends time in his “calm room” made up of 24 karat gold. Nakamatsu also predicts he would live till the age of 144.
3) Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs, the brilliant mind behind the famous Apple Inc., was also a bit eccentric. He was known to be a perfectionist, however, he did many things which are considered crazy. He would soak his feet in toilets in order to relieve stress. At one point, he ate so many carrots, his skin turned orange. He also stopped taking showers after starting a meat free diet, as he believed the diet would help his body not to produce any body odor.
4) Robert Graham
The American entrepreneur, known for developing shatterproof plastic eyeglass lenses, was also an eccentric person. He reportedly opened a sperm bank for geniuses, where donation was expected only from Nobel Prize winners. However, the idea did not work out well.
Which of these crazy stories about famous entrepreneurs surprised you the most? Comment below and let us know.
Burt’s Bees Founding Story
Burt’s Bees is a famous American personal care products company known for using all natural ingredients in its products. The Company was founded in 1984 in Maine under some unlikely circumstances. Burt’s Bees was founded by Burt Shavitz, a photographer turned beekeeper and Roxanne Quimby, a candle maker.
Burt Shavitz, whose face has been gracing all Burt’s Bees products since the Company was founded, was a famous photojournalist who had his photographs featured in Time and Life magazines. Shavitz considered his life unfulfilled in the city of Manhattan and escaped to rural Maine, where he started a honey business. During this time, Shavitz met Roxanne Quimby, an artist and candle maker.
The two struck up a partnership to start a candle making business using the beeswax from Burt Shavitz’s honey business. They started the business with an investment of $ 200 in an abandoned one room schoolhouse. Shavitz and Quimby started selling their beeswax candles at a high school craft fair. The business flourished and within a year, the duo made a $ 20,000 profit. In 1989, they increased their production after getting a large order from a New York boutique and moved their headquarters to an abandoned bowling alley.
During this time, Quimby came across a 19th century beekeeping book which included homemade personal care recipes using beeswax. This prompted the Company to change its direction from candle making to personal care products. Burt’s Bees became a legal corporation in 1991 and introduced the most famous product of the Company, Burt’s Bees lip balm. By 1993, the Company’s main focus was exclusively on personal care products. The Company slowly started expanding to international market and started selling its product in Japan by the late 1990s.
However, during this time, Roxanne Quimby forced Shavitz out of the Company over personal issues. In 1999, Quimby bought Shavitz’s stake of the Company and offered him a $ 130,000 house in Maine. Quimby went on to sell the Company to the Clorox Corporation in 2007 for $ 925 million.
Now, after 35 years since its inception, Burt’s Bees is still a popular brand, selling more than 100 products under its name. The success of Burt’s Bees also made its founders, who were just small business owners earlier, millionaires.
Michael Dell Unknown Facts
Michael Sull Dell, the founder and CEO of Dell Technologies, is a well known businessman and philanthropist. He is also considered one of the most powerful figures by several magazines. Here are some lesser known facts about Michael Dell.
Unknown facts about Michael Dell
1) Michael Dell, in an effort to enter the business world early, took a high school equivalency exam at the age of 8.
2) Like many self made billionaires, Michael Dell had a humble beginning and worked part time as a dishwasher at a restaurant and sold subscriptions of the Houston Post during his high school days.
3) Michael Dell started his first business when he was 12 and formed a marketing company which offered national stamp auction through mail. The business was a profitable one, with Dell earning $ 2000 from it.
4) Michael Dell’s very first computer was an Apple II, which he later tore apart in order to see how the inside of the computer worked.
5) Even though Michael Dell is known as a tech giant, he attended college as a pre med student. While at college, Dell started an informal business and eventually dropped out, after his business became a success.
6) Dell set a new record in the city of Manhattan when he purchased a penthouse at One57 skyscraper for $ 100.47 million.
7) Michael Dell is not just a businessman and philanthropist, but also an author. Dell collaborated with author Catherine Fredman to write a book Direct from Dell: Strategies that Revolutionized an Industry, which describes Dell’s business journey.
Michael Dell climbed the ladder of success at an early age, with his focus and dedication. Now worth $ 35 billion, he is an inspiration to many entrepreneurs.
Which of these facts about Michael Dell did you find interesting? Comment below and let us know.
- Wacky Stories About Entrepreneurs
- Yakult Unknown Facts
- Lessons Every Entrepreneur Can Learn From Shark Tank
- Is AI The Future Of Retail?
- Zomato – Food App Introduces Video Streaming Feature
- Most Incredible Japanese Innovations
- Traits of Mentally Strong People
- Lesser Known Facts About Burt Shavitz
- Lessons To Learn From Bill Campbell
- Marketing Campaigns Which Failed
- Apple’s New Launch – iPhone 11
- Jack Ma Retires From Alibaba At 55
- Burt’s Bees Founding Story
- UNIQLO Founder Takes Step Towards Women Empowerment Amid Gender Gap Issue In Japan
- 20 Most Inspiring Quotes By World’s Top CEOs
- Michael Dell Unknown Facts
- Successful Companies Founded By College Students
- Samsung Lesser Known Facts
- Traits To Look For In A Mentor
- Documentaries Every Entrepreneur Should Watch