Nowadays, people are showing interest in launching their own startups rather than working for any other company. To inculcate the entrepreneurship values and to encourage budding entrepreneurs, government is also coming up with new campaigns for it. Startup India by Government of India and T-hub by Telangana State Government are of that kind.
Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC) in association with Gujarat CSR Authority also initiated a campaign called Jump Start, an opportunity for startups to get pre-seed funding. They received applications from 350 startups, out of which 50 applications have been moved forward. The shortlisted startups are invited for an interview and 25 startups became eligible for pre-seed funding.
Through this Jump Start, the selected startups are granted with a pre-seed fund of Rs. 40,000, necessary infrastructure, incubation and mentorship for their growth and development.
The most start ups which are selected are incubated in GU Startup and Entrepreneurship Council and Gujarat University. Only a few are out of Gujarat University. But after being selecting for this Jump Start, all startups are given the same preference. The rest 25 startups among the shortlisted are given with infrastructure support, incubation and mentorship at GUSEC.
To advance and support the budding entrepreneurs in the University, GUSEC was established in November 2015. The Gujarat University SEC has the capacity to incubate 80 startups. Till today it has supported 43 startups. Presently 36 startups are incubated in it.
The mission of GUSEC is to create job creators, not the job seekers. It also plans to set up a centralized startup support system for all the colleges under it.
The 25 startups which are selected for the grant are:
1) Sudaksha: It adapts drone technology in real time to improve the stability without the requirement of calibration.
2) Synbiotic Foods: This food startup offer products with Spirulina to improve nutrition levels. Also, they provide a combo of prebiotics and probiotics.
3) Sports Wearable: It is an IoT device to record and analyze the data of an athlete and gives feedback.
4) WeHear: They are working on hearing aids for deaf people. This device is BlueTooth enabled and the user can listen to songs and speak on phone.
5) My Class Campus: For effective communication among teachers, students, parents and management, My Class Campus is a personalized application for that purpose.
6) Resource Center for Actuarial Mathematics: It is a center for actuarial studies which involves advanced mathematics and statistics.
7) Funkaar Gigs: It is a connection between musicians and people who are looking for musicians.
8) Tractor Sodho: It is a rental service provider for farm machinery and equipment.
9) Planet Earthligs: They develop a virtual world and network to bring all children around the world to learn at a place.
10) CampusYaari: They developed a custom merchandise solutions for small and big brands.
11) Chemsol: Developed a synthetic method for a cancer drug, which may change how drugs are made around the globe.
12) Salubrious Gujarat: They are working to explore medicinal plants for critical illness.
13) Wittybrowns: They are to introduce moral and practical education to students across several schools.
14) D.A.C.H: It is called as De Assemble Camera Holster. It is used to decrease the weight of professional camera from neck and shoulders to the waist of the photographer.
15) SciTech: They are working to develop scientific approach and aptitude in children up to age 14 years.
16) Infin24: They are a guide to customers to buy mutual funds and financial assistance to customers.
17) Lutalica: It is a forum of the same kind of writers to share and express their thoughts.
18) PreBOO: It is an application which enables tutors and teachers to send reports and other activities of the student to parents.
19) StudentDesk: It is a platform where students can sell, buy, exchange and donate their books.
20) App-based Ambulance Calling and Tracking: A mobile based application which enables to request an ambulance on phone.
21) CashBasket: It is a platform where the customer can find many discount coupons and cash cards.
22) Luminati: They are with an innovative idea to design smart clothing.
23) ieacon: They have created a new platform to interact with customers. By this, the distance between the customers and merchants can be decreased.
24) BrainyBottle: They developed a mechanism for the self-destruction of used plastic and aluminum bottles.
25) Kollegians: It is a college management system which can host data from multiple colleges at a time.