The year 2018 saw new beginnings in a lot of areas, especially in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) and digital marketing. Put the two together and the only thing one can expect from it is something truly phenomenal. Here’s looking at how AI is influencing digital marketing in 2019!
1. Specific targeting of audience
At the time and age we are in, it has become imperative to understand consumer behaviour and what drives people toward buying specific products. By integrating AI into these practices, understanding consumer preferences and what makes people buy certain products. Knowing how your customers react can help craft a marketing strategy which is specific to the brand and which helps in improving the kind of results expected. For example, e commerce giant Amazon uses AI powered recommendation engines which help in providing specific consumer research, which not only increases the kind of outreach there is with the brands, but also helps in engaging the audience and improving consumer behaviour.
2. Content curation and generation
With the help of artificial intelligence, one can now curate and create content which improves the way people connect with particular brands and products. By narrowing down the kind of interests your users have and by understanding their timelines to a certain point, artificial intelligence improves the amount of time people spend on your website as well. Furthermore, by using AI to understand the way the consumer works, AI helps in collecting, analyzing and providing data which is extremely user friendly. Tools like Wordsmith, Articolo and Quill are being used by existing websites like Forbes and Associated Press to create news which improves the number of clicks on their websites. By using specific templates and fill in the blank creatives, these websites are able to generate content which is immediate and appealing to the audience.
3. Email marketing
By using AI in almost every field of digital marketing, email marketing hasn’t been left too far behind either. By understanding the behaviour of existing clients, AI helps in improving relationships with them. Not just that, AI also helps in creating connections with prospective clients and improves the chances of turning them into new clients! Some of the email marketing tools which use AI are websites like Boomtrain, Phrasee and Persado! Incidentally, while there may have been chances of errors earlier, right now, by using AI in email marketing, all forms of error are reduced to a bare minimum.
4. Digital advertising
While digital advertising is the center of marketing, the field has been taken to an all new level with the growing presence of artificial intelligence. From analysing the way the consumer works and to understanding the way people think, by using AI powered Google AdWords, everything about digital advertising is changing for the good! Adext, an Audience Management As a Service, uses machine learning to automate the handlings of all the ads (essentially Google Ads and Facebook Ads) placed on your website and how many clicks and how much revenue can be generated from these ads.
5. Helps improve search rates
One of the major advantages of artificial intelligence in the field of digital advertising is that it improves the results based on the things one searches. Keeping this in mind, there are two major improvements in this field: voice search and a Google created algorithm, RankBrain! With devices like Echo Dot and Alexa being used on a regular basis, artificial intelligence has definitely changed the way people search for things as well! By specifically using Google Ads and Facebook Ads in places which generate the most revenue, the search results rates improve drastically, a move which increases the visibility of your brand.
2019 is improving by leaps and bounds, with artificial intelligence penetrating every field of life. If you think we missed out on any other advantages of artificial intelligence in digital marketing, comment and let us know!
Interesting Facts About Google
Google, as we all know, is the world’s most popular search engine. Whether we need a solution to a problem, find the lyrics of a favourite song, or get a quick update about the weather, Google is the one stop solution for everything. Founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1995, Google, worth $ 748 billion in the market, is the third most valuable company in the world, after Microsoft and Apple. Here is a list of some lesser known and interesting facts about Google.
Interesting facts about Google
1) The founders of Google originally named the search engine ‘BackRub.’ It was then changed to Google in the year 1997.
2) The name Google originated by misspelling the mathematical word ‘googol,’ which is basically a 1 followed by 100 zeroes.
3) Larry and Sergey’s visit to the Burning Man Festival in Nevada resulted in the first ever Google Doodle on August 30th 1998. The doodle was a burning man stick figure and was added to the homepage to let people know they were out of office.
4) According to Alexa, Google is the internet’s most searched website. Well, this is not a shocker.
5) Google has a rotated version of itself called the Google Mirror. This version shows everything in a mirrored fashion. Have you ever tried this? If not, you can try it here https://elgoog.im/search/?q=hi.
6) Google handles over 1 billion search requests per day, using over 1 million systems. Apart from this, Google’s algorithm can analyze millions of pages in a second. This was just 30-40 pages in the initial years of its inception.
7) In 1999, Google founders wanted to sell Google to Excite for $ 1 million. Excite did not accept Google’s offer back then. Quite a regret!
8) Larry Page and Sergey Brin have their own runways at NASA’s Moffett Field airport. No other plane is allowed to land on their runways.
9) Google owns the rights to common mispronunciations of its name like Gogle, Gooogle, Googlr, etc.
10) Google employs the largest network of translators in the world and can translate more than 80 languages. Apart from this, Google earns 99% of its profits through advertising.
In 2000, Google became the world’s most popular search engine and ever since, it has adopted a unique style of doing things to keep things fresh and progressive.
Did we miss out on any other interesting fact about Google? Comment below and let us know.
Snapchat Facts You Probably Did Not Know
Snapchat is one among the most used apps in the world, second only to Facebook. When it first launched, people thought of it as a photo sharing revolution. The app, which originally started off as a person to person photo sharing app, now evolved to feature “Stories” which last for 24 hours and even discover where brands and influencers can showcase their content. Started by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown, this app currently has up to 190 million active daily users. Apart from the cool filters and stories, about what else is this app? Keep reading to find out some interesting facts about Snapchat which you probably did not know.
1) Originally called Picaboo
When it first launched in 2011, Snapchat was called Picaboo and was exclusive only for iOS users. Later, in 2012, the app was renamed to Snapchat and was made available to Android users as well.
2) Try till you succeed
The founders, Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown tried and failed at 34 projects before coming up with the idea of Snapchat. Spiegel, in an interview, mentioned, the idea of Snapchat came up they were working on a college project at Stanford University.
3) 3.5 billion pictures and videos per day
As of 2017, approximately 3.5 billion pictures and videos were shared and viewed every single day on Snapchat. Yes, everyone loves Snapchat!
4) Drinks are the most shared pictures
Recent stats show, a large number of Snapchat users share photos of their drinks with their friends. A shocking 93 % of people have used Snapchat for this.
5) Women form the majority users
As of April 2019, women account for approximately 61 % Snapchat users, with men forming only 38 % of the user base.
Most of the users belong to the age group of 18-20 years.
6) Zuckerberg wants Snapchat
Mark Zuckerberg has been trying to acquire Snapchat for a while now, but in vain. Zuckerberg first offered a billion dollars for Snapchat and when he was rejected, came back with $ 3 billion dollars, only to face rejection again. His final offer of $ 4 billion was also rejected by Snapchat. Till date, Evan Spiegel remains adamant about selling Snapchat.
Which of these facts about Snapchat surprised you the most? Comment below and let us know.
WiFi Unknown Facts
The year is 2019 and today, every household has at least 3 devices connected to the WiFi. While WiFi is widely used all over the world today, Nikola Tesla actually theorized its possibility way back in 1929. If you thought you knew everything there was to know about WiFi, think again. Check out some cool facts about WiFi here:
1. WiFi doesn’t mean what you think it does
Despite common belief, WiFi doesn’t expand to mean Wireless Fidelity. When the word was first made public, it was designed as a logo by Wi-Fi Alliance in the year 1999. The moment WiFi came to everyone’s notice, people started drawing parallels to the similar sounding acronym hi-fi, which means high fidelity. Annoyed with the comparison, Alliance wanted the term to be dropped, but by 2000, Wireless Fidelity became so widely used, it was unwillingly accepted as WiFi’s expansion!
2. Strange devices used as WiFi hotspots
With WiFi being used by people all over the world with increasing frequency, records say, by the end of 2017, there would be close to 9 billion WiFi devices all over the world! Did you know, there is a strange list of devices which are used as hotspots across the globe? Ranking on the first position on this list is the Masaya Volcano, Nicaragua. This active volcano is commonly called Mouth of Hell and is the first of its kind to double up as a hotspot because close to 80 sensors were installed inside the volcano. Your phones really aren’t the only things which could be used as a hotspot, clearly!
3. You are the biggest WiFi blocker
Since WiFi runs by using radio waves, it comes as no surprise water doesn’t promote this software, right? If you expand that thought process a bit more, you are also a WiFi blocker because of the very same reason. Didn’t get this? Think again. Since 75 % of our body is made of water, the above theory stands tested, don’t you think? If you still don’t believe us, then sit between your router and computer. The moment you experience weak signals, you will know we are right!
4. Singapore has the fastest Wi-Fi connection
According to the 2018 World Broadband Speed League, Singapore has the fastest WiFi connection in the world. At 60.39 megabytes per second (Mbps,) the WiFi connection in Singapore is five times stronger than the global average of 9.1 Mbps. Yemen, on the other hand, is ranked 200th on the list and has the slowest Wi-Fi connection at 0.31 Mbps. You know where you should go for the fastest wireless connection in the world.
5. WiFi was created in Hawaii
While people still dispute this fact, Hawaii is said to be the birthplace of WiFi. Originally called AlohaNET, a computer networking system developed the initial wireless network at the University of Hawaii. However, this wasn’t given as much credit as it should have been because two decades later, NCR Corporation and AT&T Corporation invented WaveLAN, which is considered the true precursor to WiFi. In 1997, the first version of the IEEE 802.11 wireless protocol was released. If only the world accepted AlohaNET as the original WiFi. Sigh.
If you think we missed out on any other facts about Wi-Fi, comment and let us know!
- Traits To Look For In A Co Founder
- Adidas Unknown Facts
- 5 Companies Founded By Elon Musk That Are Not Tesla
- Starbucks Unknown Facts
- Walmart Family Makes $ 4 Million Every Hour And $ 100 Million Every Day
- Friends Who Founded Companies Together
- Warren Buffett Most Inspiring Quotes
- Reid Hoffman Unknown Facts
- Best Coca-Cola Marketing Campaigns
- First Jobs Of Famous Billionaires
- JRD Tata Unknown Facts
- Jack Ma Most Inspiring Quotes
- Modern Technological Innovations To Combat Increasing Food Demands And Climate Change
- Incredible Friendship Of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett
- Henry Ford Unknown Facts
- Women Startup Summit – Ecosystem For Women Entrepreneurs In India To Be Promoted
- Richest Self Made Women Entrepreneurs
- #BoycottZomato and #BoycottUberEats Trend On Twitter
- Henry Ford Most Inspiring Quotes
- How To Avoid Entrepreneurial Burnout